Southie

Vr6 Misfire help!

Ive lost the spark to cylinder 1, the leads had seen better days so I replaced them all with OEM reds and changed the plugs for good measure too.

But I still have no spark :scratch:

When changing the plugs and leads I ended up having to remove the inlet mani to get better access as one of the leads broke up when I tried to remove it (even with a removal tool) I noticed that my coil pack has a two hair-line cracks in the case

[ATTACH]68692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68693[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing that a new coil pack is needed?

Just looking for reinsurance before bending over at VW.... :(

Thanks

Edited by Southie

Thanks Cazza,

Think ill order a Beru one, £145 delivered sooo much better than than the £344 that VW want

If you still want one of these I have one for sale for £50 though it's not a Beru.

It's virtually brand new only having been on the car for two days. I have an ongoing ignition problem and tried this out but it makes no difference to my problem so I put the original back on.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer but the Beru one arrived yesterday

so its sparking fine now, but still running really rough.... time to take it to garage i think :(

Well it No. 3 thats missing now....

Ive got a spark and the plug is getting quite wet, compression is also good, but still not running right, could it be overfilling / injector problem ?

Sorry for the thread revival but did you find out what the problem was,

so far I've tried

good coil from Golf vr6

cam sensor from golf

MAF from golf

plugs

leads

check blue thermostat

refurbed injectors

checked chain timing

replaced lifters

And probably a lot more that I can't remember

cheers

Steve

It wasn't anything to do with the fulling system, I tested the spark strength, which despite brand new plugs, leads and coil pack was still very weak across all cylinders

I had run out of ideas by that point, so booked it in to a local independent garage who traced the problem to some old/broken wires within then main engine loom

Edited by Southie

Thanks Southie

Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do next

Thanks Cazza,

Think ill order a Beru one, £145 delivered sooo much better than than the £344 that VW want

I bought one in 2010 from the dealer and it was £185+VAT. Holy hell they've gone up a lot!

I solved a long time misfire by re seating the leads, the middle at the back wasn't properly on the plug, it's not that easy to locate as its down a hole . Instant fix, free as well, also read about someone else fixing same problem this way

I bought one in 2010 from the dealer and it was £185+VAT. Holy hell they've gone up a lot!

It doesn't look good for the future, in the 7yrs i've owned a corrado i've seen some dealer parts double or triple in price :(

Yep!

Buying parts for the MK4 is both much lighter on the wallet, and refreshing that everything on the car is still available.