P3rks

VW Suppliers

I'm trying to compile a list of suppliers who make parts on behalf of VW.

For example:

TRW or ZF make the steering components

SKF make the bearings (well, used to)

ATE for the brakes

etc

etc

If anyone has any information on suppliers could you jot it down here.. It would be useful to know where to get some OE quality parts for some not so OE prices..

Anyone?

I'm specifically looking for the OE suppliers of rubber bushes? Topmounts, wishbone bushes etc etc

Lemforder or Lemfoerder (theres an umlaut over the o) are the best for wishbones, topmounts, bump stops, rubber bushes etc but not as available as Febi which are cheaper but not as good, though regarded as OE. Carparts4less (Eurocarparts) or Germanautopartsdirect are my sources for Febi parts. I recently sourced Lemforder rear subframe bushes for my BMW but couldnt find any for the Corrado rear beam and therefore used Febi. Many use Febi engine/gearbox mounts as the only acceptable standard ones other than VW parts (though of course others fit upgraded mounts).

Edited by bmwcompact

Thanks for your responses.

I forgot about Valeo. I believe they do the heatermatrix too?

Lemforder; are they OE suppliers or pattern parts/OE quality though? I do know that Lemforder are a subsidiary brand of ZF who I know are the OE suppliers of the LHD steering components.

Any more info like this? It will only help us all. :)

TPS sell genuine VW parts.

I'm looking for genuine VW suppliers.

Example: So a Corrado VR6 tie rod/end, sold as a genuine VW part at a dealer or from TPS is actually made by a company called TRW, but stamped VW. Sold at a dealer for £140 a side. TRW sell the same Corrado VR6 tie rod/end, just stamped TRW instead of VW, but it's identical in everyway.. For £60ish.

Simply put, I love genuine quality, just not the prices.