Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

There were some very nice cars including Macdaddys car from here, he was robbed for 2nd but thats another story..

Here is one from today..

DSCN4778.jpg

Car looked mint Sunday, Good to see its gone to a home that'll take good care.

Judge told Mrs M that it was a toss up between both cars for 1st place as they were both so good and he couldn't give another Corrado 2nd place and have two corrados 1st and 2nd in the 90's class.......... Oh well, Just chuffed to have been told he liked it! Should have cleaned it prior to the show lol!!!!!

Corrado domination i say!!

Catch you about, good to meet you anyway.

Collected this little today from the dealers...

Sump, bolts and gasket

All bits to change the flexible fuel pipes, clips, brackets etc..

Bit of a sit down moment but when its done its done.. The old sump has never been bashed or anything it is just starting to look a little porous. Im wondering whether i can paint this new one before fitment to keep it nice.. The old one has lasted 18 years and it is me being picky.. Im sure it will be fun to change when i get the chance..

DSCN4818.jpg

It's easy enough to replace and provides a good opportunity to change the oil.

If you want to sell the old one, give me a shout. I'm in the market for a good used one.

What's it like under the engine ? Looked at most parts of this car, but could never get underneath to have a look.

It will be a little while before i get chance to change it over but ill let you know..

Underneath, very tidy.. Im a very lucky boy..

Very lucky indeed. Ping me a message when it's off. No rush.

Throw some images up when you're underneath as well. Keen to see.

What do you mean by "looking porous"?

Its just that i've put my original 194,000mile sump back on after not being too keen on the 24v sump i bought.

I filled it up with water and left it a while to check for leaks.

Painted it with POR15, great stuff, even when you brush it on, it comes out really smooth and very tough.

I dont really know how to describe it. The sump is perfectly serviceable, its just cosmetic..

I will be painting the new one, have you got a picture of what finish you were able to acheive..

Winter pottering and part gathering has started..

The car is in hibernation at the moment so this is an ideal opportunity, when time allows, to get some of the bits done i have on the list.

So, these have arrived:

DSCN5098.jpg

SP 263s, brand new. I have sourced a spare ECU and that is off to Dave for some special treatment. Looking forward to getting these installed in the near future. I also still have the bits i got from the dealer (Sump and fuel lines) that ill sort at the same time. Im also intending on changing the gearbox oil..

Ill also be removing the bonnet foam, i have a brand new OE set and I've also got a set of the group buy foam on its way. Im a bit sentimental about the OE one so will probably keep that for the moment.

Clear side repeaters are also on, looks a little strange after the amber ones...

So, i found this in my collection of spares.. I can't remember getting this, I'm assuming its a Dave16v item, anyone shed any light??

DSCN5099.jpg

Ah, i see... No good to me now then, ill probably sell that on.. How much were they Dave?

£25 posted.

So this little bad boy arrived today, remapped ECU by Crazy dave...

DSCN5104.jpg

I know he has done a few of these for various members and the feedback has been very good. Looking forward very much to getting the cams and the ECU in.. Just need some warmer weather, no chance for a while i think...

Thank you very much to Dave and to KArl for sorting me out with a spare ECU...

Started the bonnet today, i have one of the panels where foam was perfectly clean and adhesive free.. Ill do another couple tomorrow... Went with the AG intensive tar remover and a window scraper, very happy with the finish..

Started the bonnet today, i have one of the panels where foam was perfectly clean and adhesive free.. Ill do another couple tomorrow... Went with the AG intensive tar remover and a window scraper, very happy with the finish..

Fancy doing mine, I got a set in the GB, not a job I'm looking forward to :rolleyes:

Its not the best job mate...

Didn't manage to get anything done today so loads more to look forward to...

Little update from me...

I have spent hours both at the VW dealer sourcing bolts, bits and bobs and under the bonnet, well once i could get it open again!!

New Bonnet cable in, not actually a bad job really.

CrazyDave reamapped ECU fitted.

Under bonnet Fuel lines replaced, all new clips, brackets. I hate those spring clips!!

Lots of engine loom rewrapping.

Bonnet foam completely removed (delighted with metal work underneath) - new foam to go on, OE i think and ill sell on the group buy one.

Collecting a load more bits later this week to smarten things up a bit more. Its quite a frustrating car as i have done loads and i stand back and it looks no different!!

Over the moon to have found one of these new...

P1000146_zpsf8818b79.jpg

You've been busy Michael! Always nice to find stuff that you forgot you ever had :lol: Did you buy that Magnex bracket from me? Rings a bell...

You've been busy Michael! Always nice to find stuff that you forgot you ever had :lol: Did you buy that Magnex bracket from me? Rings a bell...

I might have done mate, i think it was about 5 years ago..

Ill add some pictures soon, no major changes overall, i have been trying to source some new wheels but no joy yet...

Ill drop you a line about the foam in due course, i am a bit centimental about the OE foam i have as i know it is obsolete and its still in the packet. I did contact an acoustics firm about possibly having a sheet made to match the OE stuff but havent had chance to send a sample of my old one off..