Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Ive had a good day of car playing today..

Interior, fully done, dash, vents out, glass cleaned inside, hoover, not that it really needed any of it..

Engine bay, spent a good while under there rewrapping cables where the tape had seen better days and general cleaning.

Outside, full wash, polish, wheels off, polished and sealed, exhaust polished up to the cat.. Hoping to get some wax on the car tomorrow..

DSCN4695.jpg

DSCN4679.jpg

DSCN4698.jpg

DSCN4699.jpg

I don't know what to do with the back end, wiper off, leave it on, badge colours, i have chrome, body colour and black VW and the same for Corrado script..

DSCN4700.jpg

Wow! Looks stunning 8)

Just try the different badge combos. Only takes a few seconds to change them. Think I'd go Chrome script and black VW. Pics would be good ;)

What was you waiting for from MJ Interiors?

Looks beautiful, personally I think the rear wiper should stay. To remove it without paint means an awful rubber grommet, which isn't a good look for a car like that. Also, maybe go for all black badges on the rear.

Well rain means no waxing today I'm afraid but its all covered up so early next week ill get it done..

The parcel from MJ should be here soon, its a leather handbrake sleeve like what i had in my old one, i can't stand the factory plastic thing. The gaiter that is on looks good and will be put to one side but the quality of leather VW used and what a trimmer supplies are worlds apart..

I don't mind a wiper bung and i would never have it permanently removed. If i take it off i will probably go lupo fronts but i don't want a mismatch between front and back..

I need to get my spare corrado badge painted (its in primer) and once done ill chop and change.. The Corrado badge is good but not perfect and i know i can't get another, ill keep my eyes out for one though...

As ever thank you for the nice comments...

Finally got round to fitting the bits i received from MJ. Very pleased with them, they match the seats perfectly...

IMG_0060.jpg

I also gave the car an oil and filter change midway through its proper service schedule. In addition i had a good look around and as a result a pricey phone call to VW followed. I think the guy at Glasgow VW has found a new friend.. Parts ordered:

Flexible fuel lines inc all brackets and connections.

Manifold bolts, all.

Sump, gasket and all associated bolts...

Nice job there mate, regarding the Corrado script badge, you can still get new ones, in primer only though

I have a primed one ready to paint.. Shame they still don't do the chrome ones..

just my 2 penneth worth bud,but you can get chrome paint if thats the

finish youre after. nice car by the way!!

I want it to look factory and i am the worst in the world at any sort of painting.. Ill keep my eyes open for a mint one..

Beautiful car.

I would get rid of the rear wiper, the rubber grommets don't look that bad plus you have the option of refitting.

Oh and I'd personally either stick with black badges all round or OEM chrome. I dont think mix and match works tbh.

I'd leave the wiper in place until such a time you can get it properly deleted and the hole filled / painted. I have to say I do like my Corrado's fairly unmolested but the back end does look so much nicer and cleaner with the wiper deleted!

I do agree Jim, i prefer it gone but i don't know if i want to start adjusting metal work.. Ill leave it on for the time being..

Agree with playing safe and leaving be, a bit of an arse should you ever want to refit the wiper once it's been filled in.

A rubber grommet on a car of this standard....

Agree with playing safe and leaving be, a bit of an arse should you ever want to refit the wiper once it's been filled in.

Which is why you use a rubber bung lol.

It's the only option really for such a beautiful OEM example. I personally think it would be a shame to start welding things up but then the rear wiper really is fugly!

If you do you may aswell delete the wing repeaters too lol.

I feel the heat already!

I had a bung on my old one and it never offended me at all..

Deleting repeaters - not on the to do list...

Well i attended my first show in the Corrado today, good drive down to Preston, bit of a treck but as it would be my only chance fro ages o thought why not..

Great day, weather (excluding a 10 minute shower) spot on. Some of the cars were amazing..

Always nice to get some recognition and have some very nice compliments from people, both within and outside the VW community. Very pleased to have taken home best in class for 1990s, even though the judge called me Michelle!!!

Well i attended my first show in the Corrado today, good drive down to Preston, bit of a treck but as it would be my only chance fro ages o thought why not..

Great day, weather (excluding a 10 minute shower) spot on. Some of the cars were amazing..

Always nice to get some recognition and have some very nice compliments from people, both within and outside the VW community. Very pleased to have taken home best in class for 1990s, even though the judge called me Michelle!!!

He could have called you something worse:lol: Well done on the win it couldn't have been to hard for the judges tho having seen some of your pics:king:

There were some very nice cars including Macdaddys car from here, he was robbed for 2nd but thats another story..

Here is one from today..

DSCN4778.jpg

There were some very nice cars including Macdaddys car from here, he was robbed for 2nd but thats another story..

Here is one from today..

DSCN4778.jpg

Wheels:notworthy: can't believe your car is 8 years old it probably looks better now than in 94 :notworthy::notworthy::salute: praise where it is due!

Only 8, slip of the keyboard..

Interestingly we moan about parts and how hard they are to get. I was parked next to the overall show winner who had a 1950s Humber, i think a pair of screw covers noty being produced would be the least of his worries...