Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Thanks guys..

Yes Chris or they were last year when i got them, sump, bolts and gasket is about 110 and the bottle was about 15 i think..

Cheers again Michael, good price for the washer bottle and sump not too bad I suppose.

What else you got planned for it over the winter?

Just general bits really.. Its such a frustrating car because no matter what i do under the bonnet it never really look any different..

Id love to follow your lead and take the engine out and really go to town but i don't think that will happen….

I really need some wheels though, the compomotives are sublime but for my own signature they need to come off..

Thata the problem with the VR engine bay, so much going on in there its hard to make it look really clean.

I'm still yet to get started, just haven't had the time but hoping I will over Christmas.

Not sure what wheels you could go for, the compomotives have a really clean line to them (if you know what I mean), the RS's suited it but then thats not putting your signature to it. I really like RH ZW1's but they have been on the car before.

The engine bay is tricky, i don't want anything aftermarket or too blingy in there which is where it is straight forward to get an impacting change.

The RHs are nice, its a long time since they were on it.. Ive only seen one picture when they were on and they were nice. The RSs will take some beating and i know that is how the car will always be thought of, frustrating at times but i knew that when i signed on the line.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for something.

I think ZW1's suited it really well and I have a picture of it from probably 10 years ago at a vw summer nights meet in York. I think some of the first pages of Gareths thread have it on RH's.

I also dont believe that you have to put your own mark on a car, I bought mine because I liked the look of it including the wheels it was on and I guess your the same. Your car is known for the car itself not by who has owned it.

This is true Chris, the compomotives were optional in the purchase but i love them so much i had to have them. If i get something else (or when) ill be keeping them unless funds demand otherwise but i like the idea of being able to change them when i feel.

So hard to beat the classic look of RS`s on any Vw,if i had another corrado i`d be going for a set of rx`s.

Detailed22_zpsdecf425a.jpg

They are indeed, RX are one piece and RX2 are the 2 piece version found on anniversary Golf Mk3s and Polo GTI (6N2) i believe.. The one piece ones are very nice...

Don't think the 17 inch versions were ever fitted factory but as an aftermarket option,i just think they are a really nice oem wheel for cheaper money.

osv1_zps22c9a656.jpg

Lisashennightbagscan030.jpg

Very impressive, just been through the whole thread...

Not had a Corrado for 7 years or so but looking to get back into one next year (and yours is definite motivation) do you get to any meets around the North East? Would love a look around this (although it's probably not the weather at the minute)

Mark

Thanks very much.. Its very rare for me and even rarer for the car to be in the North East..It could happen in the summer at some point. There are a number of good cars popping up so keep your eyes peeled and best of luck with your search..

New sump went on today, looks lovely although once its back on the ground it isn't exactly visible…

Only picture taken was this..

IMG_8944_zpsf775ead9.jpeg

You wouldn't know it from this picture but the car is so dusty. It hasn't moved since Stanford Hall.

P1010326_zps455f15a2.jpg

Spent a lot of the last week pottering with the car..

Main work done was the sump fitting and lots of cable work.

I removed the starter motor and decided it best to get a new one. Not the cheapest but a nice new one from the dealer plus a bit of paint from me = this…

P1010334_zps1db877ee.jpg

The rewrapping of the loom is a long job, ive finished the drivers side and the area around the engine itself (starter area coil pack etc) and have started the area from the battery leading back to the bulkhead. Its fiddly but it looks so much better than the old stuff. Ive ran out of tape now (4 rolls) so am stuck until i get some more. Ill have to remove the fan controller, coolant head tank and alrm speaker to get decent access to the rest but this is how it was left today..

P1010336_zps2336cdd5.jpg

P1010337_zps7c2b9882.jpg

Thanks very much guys.. It does need so much more doing really, you would be amazed how much dirt you will find under your wiring loom!!

I know the next stage of the wiring is going to be a challenge, there is very little room to move in and around the ABS pump, i got another 3 rolls of tape today so once I've had a look around a scrappy for some more cable ties ill be back at it..

After this is all done its time to sort the scuttle trims...

Hard work mate,what you gonna do with the gearbox......?

An insitu tidy up is the plan, again access is a nightmare so ill do the best i can..

An insitu tidy up is the plan, again access is a nightmare so ill do the best i can..

Wheel cleaner has worked well on mine,dont use any metal brushes as it can tarnish the finish on the cast...not tried any alu brite products yet...frost do one which i`m gonna try..

Wheel cleaner, i could try that, I've got some spare engine mounts ill have a practise on to see how well it behaves with different cleaning techniques..

Successful afternoon. Haven't touched the car but had a good trip to the scrapyard..

Result, all the cable ties i needed, a load of more modern ones kindly donated by a Mk3 Golf and some others from a Mk4. I also picked up a decent bulkhead heat shield and the reflective sleeve that goes over he fuel lines as mine is a bit frayed..

Here are a couple of pictures of the visit, this Corrado has been good to me although its looking very sorry for itself now…

photo-4_zps954b6302.jpg

photo-3_zps12aa4343.jpg

Edited by Goldie

Progress continues with the wiring loom. Ive spent about a week on this now and apart from one section of cabling and making some alarm cabling disappear its done. Obviously the wiring still isn't clipped back into place but once everything is sorted it will be.

Its a big job and a couple of times I've thought the "i wish i had never started doing this" line that we have all thought.. I have a carrier bag full of all the loom tape that has come off, some of it in decent condition and some of it very brittle and just falls off in your hands..

Here are a couple of pictures as it stands now. Post christmas ill finish it..

P1010338_zpsbe3a2856.jpg

P1010342_zps55a3045f.jpg

P1010340_zps0c2eb54a.jpg

Edited by Goldie