max west-yorks

DIY VR6 waterpump URGENTLY NEED HELP

Hi couldn't find a proper DIY for the waterpump on the vr6 but mine has gone and I desperately need it sorting before VW fest this weekend as my bearings gone and its making a right racket!

I have the new part and all new fluids, just need a basic guide as to how to get it out, I've read something about having to raise the engine :S

Has anyone done this before themselves? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! :scratch:

..and if anyone local that has done it wouldn't mind taking an evening off to give a hand that would be even better! I'll give you some brass for the help of course - Based in Halifax

Yeah the engine needs to be raised a fair bit as the water pump sits directly opposite the bodywork at the top of the wheel arch.

Also the pump sits fairly deep into the block i was going to do mine but ended up giving it to my mechanic mate to save the hassle.

But essentially you will need to loosen the engine mounts and jack the block up :).