Sign in to follow this  
Jim

MOT Tomorrow!

Penned in for midday.. though the guy at the garage remebered me from when I came in TWO YEARS AGO with my other Corrado. Must have a memory like an elephant.

Mate of mine just failed his car today on tyres and emissions.. but fingers crossed I am going to be ok!

Here in Portugal they are very severe with emissions... :shock:

They either don´t like signs of leak nowhere! So give him a good cleaning under the bonnet (if it´s needing). :idea:

You´ll be just fine! :D

Must be something about April.. loads of people I know have the dreaded MOT this month.

Good luck with yours mate :)

yeah, mine's sat morning too... :? Should be interesting on a brand new engine... :|

Passed :)

Though my MOT tester was being kind I think.. it should have failed on the emissions test (should be 3.4%'ish, mine was 7.3%!) and one light wasnt working out of the two that light up the rear number plate. But other than those, plain sailing.

I guess Stealth will look at the emissions thing at its next service which I am going to book in for next month. But.. still.. thats that taken care of for 12 months!

mine failed on emissions but a quick turn on the fuel mixture sorted the problem. You might find you wull use less fuel if its set up properly. Its worth taking it back and getting the emissions sorted cos apparently there is a new law where the police can randomly test you and do u if its over the limit :oops:

Is it easy to adjust on the G60? I really just don't know anything about the ins and outs of this kind of thing...

not too sure about the G60 but im sure its not all that difficult if you take it to a garage or MOT center. 7.3 sounds a bit much to be honest mate

I don't know why but I always get really nervous about MOT's, Mine passed earlier this month but that was after all the suspension was changed! :roll:

Emissions - Mine were fine last year when I thought it was running a bit rich, maybe your ignition timing is out, Stealth adjusted mine when I was there and the car is running better than ever, using less fuel, going faster and more MPG! - could also be your CAT/lambda are on the way out...

Well CAT is non existant as I have a bypass on.. so I guess it could be lambda on its way out.

There is definately something with (over?) fuelling as when you gun it, you end up with a quite noticable smell of fuel - its definately not leaking fuel or anything, but I think its just using too much... possibly related to the emissions thing?

I'll just hold out for service time, and get the Stealth guys to check it over.

good to hear she passed ok jim, hope mine gets through to :| thing is i've got two mot's this month :( got to get one on the golf aswell, help :shock:

@ Jims16V:

You can borrow my faulty Lambdaprobe :lol: , as I'm running with a new one now, just waiting for the metal cat to arrive, and then mine should breath a bit better again :D Other than that, well done !

Main thing to adjust on G60s, provided everything else is OK, is the CO-Pot (sits on the bypass pipe running from your inlet manifold back to the Lader), but ideally you need an emissions tester for that (around the £1000 according to my MOT test station :cry: )

Tempest

Passed :D i thought it would, it's not done many miles in the past year spent most of the time wrapped up in my garage. :D

Passed :D i thought it would, it's not done many miles in the past year spent most of the time wrapped up in my garage. :D

out of intrestwhat were you co readings glen ?

J-DUB just breezed thru an MOT this morning... after only 1.4 miles of driving too! ;) :lol:

J-DUB just breezed thru an MOT this morning... after only 1.4 miles of driving too!

..and I bet you've done a few more since then! 8)

J-DUB just breezed thru an MOT this morning... after only 1.4 miles of driving too!

..and I bet you've done a few more since then! 8)

I was doing until she threw a temper tantrum and spat all her water onto the road.... :mad:

Turns out that my nice new expansion tank had a crack in it... :evil: Old one is now in place and all is well... :roll:

Oh, and I can now hand on heart recommend Gav's wiring loom, the lupo wiper conversion (both front and rear! ;) ) the moonroof conversion, the brembo brakes, a Quaife LSD and a VR6 2nd gear in a G60 box... :D :lol: 8)

The Cheshire cat has nothing on my grin today.... :D