Johnny H

What's in your fish tank??

Hi Guys

Just thought as there is a lot of us into our fish tanks, i would start a thread seeing what everyone's got.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny H

56853217-d4a3-1937.jpg56853217-d4b6-2610.jpgI'll start things off:

I've got a trigon 350 running a eheim pro 3.

Heres my list of fish:-

About 10-12 Neons

1 Platy

3 Siamese Fighters (1 male 2 female)

2 Siamese Flying Fox

1 Ruby Shark

1 Red line torpedo barb

3 Clown loach

2 Black Ghost knife fish

1 Striped Eel

2 Kissing Gourami

That's it I think.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny H

4 X Columbian Tetra

1 X Gold Neon Tetra

6 X Cardinal Tetra

5 X Ember Tetra

1 X Leopard Plecostomus

Would like to get some Black Emperor Tetras and some Angels at some point :)

I had Angels in mine, they ate all my tetras! The only one they didn't attack when they layed their spawn was the Siamese Fighter, they even chased off the quite large Plec I had! I ended up giving the lot to the mother in law, as the missus didn't clean it out properly when I was away. She put the heater on full (even after an email telling her not to touch it!) and killed everything off the bloody stupid woman!

01 x pollack

01 x mackerel

23 x tiger prawns

You must have 1 BIG tank my friend lol

2 x Percula Clown fish

3 x Humbug Damsels

1 x Royal Damsel

1 x Bottom feeder i cant remember the name of.

4 x Turbo Snails

3 x Red Legged Hermit crabs.

No tank but I have a pond in the back garden.

About 25 goldfish and koi mixed.

IMAG0525.jpg

2012-07-07172941.jpg

I went for premium unleaded too this time - what's in your tank - fuel of course !!!! :-)

Just replied in the other thread before seeing this.

These are my current setups, I had to scale down a bit when I moved last time, from 11 tanks down to two.

This is my 10ft tank (10'x2'x2') and the black shark I've had for 14 years so far.

post-20-12747418560.jpg

post-20-13242531421.jpg

List of occupants:

Black shark

Albino Black Shark

Red Tailed Giant Gourami

Red gilled violet shark

Bangana behri

Labeo barbatus

Labeo calbasu

Clown Loaches

Apollo Shark

Tinfoil Barb

+ a few others

The other tank is a reef (5'x18"x22" I think)

marine2.jpg

Occupants:

Yellow Tang

Regal Tang

Unicorn Tang

Cole Tang

Clarkii Clown

Percula Clown

Peacock wrasse

Clown wrasse

Ghost gobie

Domino Damsels

Cleaner shrimps

Fire shrimps

Hermit crabs

Turbo snails

Loads of corals

and the pond (18'x9'x4.5' approx)

pond2.jpg

Occupants

Various Koi varieties

Barbel

Brown Trout

Bream

Roach

Rudd

Mirror carp

Leather carp

gold and green tench

chub

Wow tigerfish that's impressive.

What's that 10f about 900/1000 litres??

What filters you running on it??

Would love to do a marine tank but think

It would be to hard to do even thou I've had tropical tanks for years.

Wow tigerfish that's impressive.

What's that 10f about 900/1000 litres??

What filters you running on it??

Would love to do a marine tank but think

It would be to hard to do even thou I've had tropical tanks for years.

The tank takes about 1100 litres, plus a few in the filters. I currently run two Fluval FX5's and an Aquamanta EFX600, in hindsight, I should've had it drilled and run a sump.

The marine stuff, although expensive to setup, is actually much easier maintenance wise. Takes a 10% water change once a month, and top offs with plain RO water the rest of the time. The 10 foot freshwater tank has a 50% change every week (downside of big fish and the heavy feeding they take).

Impressive. Most impressive! Would also love to get a marine system set up, but there are so many uncertainties + it would be £££.

That pond is fisherman's heaven! :lol:

If anyone would like something unusual for an indoor tank, I have two Musk Turtles for sale.

So charming, cute, amusing, hardy and dont grow large . Read about them on net.

I got them for my pond but you never see 'em!

Most people keep them in a tank indoors, but I've been there done that years ago and tanks are banned indoors by you know who!

I have had them up for sale on a reptile forum I sometimes visit.

Will let them go to CF member or friend for £50 for the two. You would have to collect. They do not need a full tank of water to travel in as they breathe air.

They look brilliant! Had a pair of Red-eared terrapins when I was a kid. Also saw a massive terrapin in the lake at a local park a few months ago- quite a surprise :lol:

They look brilliant! Had a pair of Red-eared terrapins when I was a kid. Also saw a massive terrapin in the lake at a local park a few months ago- quite a surprise :lol:

Thanks. I first had them in about 1963!

Too many of the big ones - red eared and yellow-bellied - often get sold for £20 from pet shops when they are the size of a 50p piece., then get dumped or become unwanted. A friend regularly visits a park in London where a colony can be seen basking on overhanging branches.

The musks do not grow large really.

Here are photos I took today at my pond - the three large yellow-bellied sliders are adopted.

One from Cumbria and two from Renfrewshire.

By the way, speaking as someone who first had sticklebacks in a goldfish bowl in the 1950s -

Tigerfish - you ARE the man!

Absolutely awesome. Clearly, you are doing it right, too, having had your black shark for 14 years - bet he/she knows some stuff.

We used to go to tropical fish shops in the 1960s and 1970s and never saw marine setups. They came from another planet at that time.

A brown trout and other native fish in your pond? Wow - I would love those, too.

Big respect to you.

Impressive. Most impressive! Would also love to get a marine system set up, but there are so many uncertainties + it would be £££.

That pond is fisherman's heaven! :lol:

Thanks Cazza.

Must admit, marine stuff is £££ to setup, but well worth it once done. With freshwater, what you put in is what you get to look at. With live rock and reef setups, you get hitchhikers galore, and always spot new stuff you ahven't noticed before. Here a few critters that I never bought, but "appeared".

This crab, about 2" across, was actually found hot footing it across the dining room floor one morning, about 20 feet from the tank :shock:

post-25-13249460480.jpg

post-25-13249460941.jpg

Feather dusters

post-21-11681276940.jpg

a nudibranch

post-21-11681276941.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

If anyone would like something unusual for an indoor tank, I have two Musk Turtles for sale.

So charming, cute, amusing, hardy and dont grow large . Read about them on net.

I got them for my pond but you never see 'em!

Most people keep them in a tank indoors, but I've been there done that years ago and tanks are banned indoors by you know who!

I have had them up for sale on a reptile forum I sometimes visit.

Will let them go to CF member or friend for £50 for the two. You would have to collect. They do not need a full tank of water to travel in as they breathe air.

Cool critters to keep. Quite handy they stay relatively small, my red eared terrapins outgrew the tank I had back then, and were rehomed to a garden centre display in the end.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

By the way, speaking as someone who first had sticklebacks in a goldfish bowl in the 1950s -

Tigerfish - you ARE the man!

Absolutely awesome. Clearly, you are doing it right, too, having had your black shark for 14 years - bet he/she knows some stuff.

We used to go to tropical fish shops in the 1960s and 1970s and never saw marine setups. They came from another planet at that time.

A brown trout and other native fish in your pond? Wow - I would love those, too.

Big respect to you.

My two kids are at uni now, as far back as they remember they can remember the black shark. A two inch tiddler way back then, 24" now.

Funnily enough, the pond build was meant to be for natives only, but it took just one koi to end up being bitten by the bug. The trout is ace, bought last year at 4 or 5 inches, now aeound 15"-16". The barbel is pretty cool too, especially as it feeds from the surface now.

Just added 2 pairs of Dwarf Gourami's, a pair of reds and a pair of blues.

Really good fish to add to a community tank.

Just added 2 pairs of Dwarf Gourami's, a pair of reds and a pair of blues.

Really good fish to add to a community tank.

A good addition!

I had those in my tank years ago - one of the most beautiful, modestly priced fish of all, I thought.

Ive got a Jewel Vision 180 with a Marine setup in it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4071720038778&set=a.1715584656866.95784.1455696429&type=3&theater

excuse the dirty glass, ive managed to clear up the glass and the water, making it more "white" looking by adding some phosphate remover and some carbon bags. also i cleaned up the tubes :), currently contains

2 cleaner shrimp, 4 hermit crabs, 2 lemon damsels, 2 clown fish, a domino damsel, a tang, a goby, and possibly some more that i cant remember lol. then various corals.

Then i have a 5ft take which has some tropical fish in there. My Uaru cichlid, couple of birchrs, parrot fish, clown loaches, flying fox, black ghost knife fish, spotted severum, some goby, and a few more in there aswell! :)

Ive got a 1ft cube which has brichardi and there fry in there, They seem to be going rock all at spawning and i must have about 50 fry darting about,

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4071718958751&set=a.1715584656866.95784.1455696429&type=3&theater

then a 3ft tank that the fry are going to be going in soon!

Edited by Philuk

Ive got a Jewel Vision 180 with a Marine setup in it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4071720038778&set=a.1715584656866.95784.1455696429&type=3&theater

excuse the dirty glass, ive managed to clear up the glass and the water, making it more "white" looking by adding some phosphate remover and some carbon bags. also i cleaned up the tubes :), currently contains

2 cleaner shrimp, 4 hermit crabs, 2 lemon damsels, 2 clown fish, a domino damsel, a tang, a goby, and possibly some more that i cant remember lol. then various corals.

Then i have a 5ft take which has some tropical fish in there. My Uaru cichlid, couple of birchrs, parrot fish, clown loaches, flying fox, black ghost knife fish, spotted severum, some goby, and a few more in there aswell! :)

Ive got a 1ft cube which has brichardi and there fry in there, They seem to be going rock all at spawning and i must have about 50 fry darting about,

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4071718958751&set=a.1715584656866.95784.1455696429&type=3&theater

then a 3ft tank that the fry are going to be going in soon!

Great looking tanks there mate :)

Is that a pair of cigar sharks in the trop tank?