corrado_sunderland

half life 2-can anyone help me out with the storyline in a bit more detail

i got it the other day for the ps3 and its awsome and i completed the old one years ago but the whole big brother style city your start in for 2 and the fighting humans bit just confuses me so can anyone fill the blanks from 1 to 2 for me ? :shrug:

btw the best 15 quid i ever spent,class game and the grafix are awsome despite it been a few years old

Haha, I love them - the HL2 episodes are okay but not as good as HL2 itself I don't think.

To bridge the gap for you:

In Half Life you as Gordon Freeman start off the reaction that opens the transport portal to the border worlds where all the aliens came from.

When that happened a race of space aliens called the Combine decided they would Invade Earth (what the reason for this was I can't remember)

There was a war that followed called the 7 hour war and earth was defeated. Dr Wallace Breen made a deal with the combine to secure his safety and he became the Combine's Administrator of earth.

Humankind are in slavery and that's pretty much it until you start HL2.

I'm sure that's kind of accurate any how :)

Haha, I love them - the HL2 episodes are okay but not as good as HL2 itself I don't think.

To bridge the gap for you:

In Half Life you as Gordon Freeman start off the reaction that opens the transport portal to the border worlds where all the aliens came from.

When that happened a race of space aliens called the Combine decided they would Invade Earth (what the reason for this was I can't remember)

There was a war that followed called the 7 hour war and earth was defeated. Dr Wallace Breen made a deal with the combine to secure his safety and he became the Combine's Administrator of earth.

Humankind are in slavery and that's pretty much it until you start HL2.

I'm sure that's kind of accurate any how :)

cool cheers m8, i dont remember friendly aliens in hl 1 but their is on this

Pretty much what Graphite said, the Vortigaunts which are the friendly aliens on HL2 were attacking you in Black mesa in HL as they were being controlled by the combine. Pretty much like the combine soldiers are (although I think the combine soldiers are mutated somehow). Anyway enjoy pretty much the best game ever! I take it you are playing Orange box, ep1 and ep2 are equally awesome and are better looking cus HL2 was a few years previous to those.

Pretty much what Graphite said, the Vortigaunts which are the friendly aliens on HL2 were attacking you in Black mesa in HL as they were being controlled by the combine. Pretty much like the combine soldiers are (although I think the combine soldiers are mutated somehow). Anyway enjoy pretty much the best game ever! I take it you are playing Orange box, ep1 and ep2 are equally awesome and are better looking cus HL2 was a few years previous to those.

The combine soliders are Humans who have been mutated into soldiers using bio-mechanical systems.

There are also stalkers which have been drastically mutated and provide manual/maintainence work in the citadel, link about them here: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

Thats a good wiki actually - it should answer most of your questions Sunderland.

It seems awsome so far like, im up to the bit where you have to make it to the church in that ****ed up town where its most like a zombie invasion and shotguns galore

Remember ****ting myself the first time I got to that stage- especially where the things leap at you over the roof-tops. Brilliant fun setting the zombies on fire :lol: Years since I played it, but it's gotta be one of the best games ever 8)

Remember ****ting myself the first time I got to that stage- especially where the things leap at you over the roof-tops. Brilliant fun setting the zombies on fire :lol: Years since I played it, but it's gotta be one of the best games ever 8)

And cutting them up with the gravity gun and all those circular saw blades!

Its shaping up that way for me,i was on it till one last night and i definetly crapped my pants a few times :lol:

And cutting them up with the gravity gun and all those circular saw blades!

**** yeah :rofl: i was just throwing everything at the mother****ers as i went mental with ammo at the start,boom have a breeze block off ya canister or exosive barrel :lol: the saw blades are awsome though too,in the graveyard i went wild with then.

For the all time beatdown you still gotta love the crowbar though...old faithful :lol:

Im a bit dissapointed with the room with red lasers in the follow freeman chapter if i didnt read it online i would never have known what to do,the bit you have to walk along...who the **** would think to do that :lol:

Edited by corrado_sunderland

i see the episodes are not as long,just finished one already

oh wait just realised their is 5 chapters :lol: now ive just realised ive done them all hehe

Edited by corrado_sunderland