craigowl

Parcel senders beware.

Still have a parcel here that was to have been picked up on Monday, then yesterday by Yodel through Parcel2go (Bolton) who I have used for a while and with whom I have had no problem until now.

I have paid for collection once then again with a smaller surcharge. Communication problems - no replies. Meltdown? A lot of negative stuff on consumer websites. I like to support businesses in the north - experiences like this give places a stigma.

They have agreed a refund - almost fell off my chair.

Funny, as I was engaged in "live chat" emails with P2Go, my Parcelforce man came to the door to pick up parcel.

Yodel - operating for Parcel2Go had the cheek to say they called on Monday at 1525 hours and did not get an answer and they left a card. They did neither. We were in all day and I was on the alert for a van - we were in the front room overlooking the road outside at that time.

Edited by craigowl

Yep, had the same here.

It seems to be a recurring problem when going through intermediaries like P2G and parcelmonkey. It's a pain in the arse as all they offer is a refund and then for you to re-book with them instead of them doing it for you. Unacceptable customer service really.

Thing is, every one of them is as bad as each other. I just had a parcel returned from Royal Mail which I sent about 3 weeks ago. It's just had the address crossed out in red marker pen, with an arrow to my return address which has been circled. No explanation or anything. the address was correct, it was printed so it's legible. I've contacted Royal Fail who have no idea what's happened and are refusing to refund me as they don't accept responsibility as they have no record of the item being retuned on their system.

It seems to be common practice amount courier companies to skip your delivery and either leave no card or just push one through the door saying you are out. The drivers get paid for each delivery they attempt so can get through more "deliveries" each day by simply driving past and sticking a card through. I've seen these sorts of complaints all over various forums recently.

I use P2G but usually go for Hermes who deliver a great service so far. Used Yodel once or twice but as they are a bit slacker (in my experience) I aim for Hermes.

It seems to be common practice amount courier companies to skip your delivery and either leave no card or just push one through the door saying you are out. The drivers get paid for each delivery they attempt so can get through more "deliveries" each day by simply driving past and sticking a card through. I've seen these sorts of complaints all over various forums recently.

In my book, then, these guys are cutting their own throats. I have vowed not to use them ever again - or Parcel2Go, unless it becomes widely known that they have improved.