pbradley98

Anyone recommend a decent Audi forum?

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend any of the Audi forums out there?

Need some help / comparison info on my 2005 B7 3.0 TDI Quattro fuel consumption, as since about 2 months after we got it it has consistently run in the low 30s (occassionally high 20s) for mpg, which is far worse that I thought it would be and than it was for the first few months. I want to try and get some comparative info from others with the 205 bhp engine to see if I am right to be worried, or if it's just to be expected for a four wheel drive car with a 3.0l V6 turbo charged diesel engine....

I know that some of these engines have injector issues, so I'm keen to make sure if there is anything wrong it gets resolved whilst the car is still under warranty, as apparently the injectors are £400 each! I've already had it diagnosed at an Audi garage, being advised that yes it doesn't see quite right but that all the injectors are within spec, hence they can't replace anything under warranty.

Additionally, it's not great at starting sometimes, taking 5+ seconds before actually starting, which I'm guessing could also be injector related (i.e. if the injector(s) are leaking, presume it takes longer to build correct rail pressure and hence start....just a guess though.

On a related note has anyone any experience of using the Redex / Wynns diesel injector cleaner type products as was thinking for the sake of £15 or so would be worth a go?

Am also looking into getting the oil checked to see if there's any diesel contamination of the oil, from injectors leaking down the bores, past the pistons into the sump...

Cheers

Phil

yeah ASN is the main pace uk people go.. pretty helpfull bunch, farily similar in demographic to here. not your 18 year old polo types :lol:

Thanks - just joined and stuck a post up so see if I get anything back! Otherwise it's back to the drawing board alongside the stalling when dropping the clutch issue on the VR!

alongside the stalling when dropping the clutch issue on the VR!

i have this! along with a very lumpy idle when cold, which gets better, but not perfect on a run! will update if i find anything..

Another recommendation for Audi-sport.net, although (touch wood) I've not had any problems with my A4 yet, it seems to be a decent forum full of knowledge, very few ego's and quite a similar 'vibe' to here :)

Thanks all - have had some good response with Audi-sport and does seem to be similar to the CF.

BristolBaron - it's annoying isn't it! Although mine seems fine when cold (guess it's something to do with the injection when the engine is cold as the idle speed is higher) and is worst when you've been going along with zero throttle (i.e. in traffic down a hill) and then hitting a roundabout, so dropping the clutch after essentially prolonged engine braking.

Have checked for air leaks and think there is something hissing around the ISV damper, so going to be replacing the hosework around that area and also have already tried fitting a second hand ISV which I'd given a good clean up and WD40 which does seem to have helped a bit....

I've also been advised to reset the throttle stops or raise the idle speed a bit in the map to about 760>780rpm to keep the engine away from the stall conditions.

Having said that, with the improvements from doing the ECU learn process, changing the ISV for one in hopefully slightly better condition and understanding more the exact conditions that cause the stall I can avoid the stall the vast majority of the time now, at least enough not to shell out £265 for a new ISV quite yet!

Cheers

Phil

Audizine.com. From the US but not a bad site technically, with US-style humour, which i dont understand half the time! Generally quite helpful.

Another recommendation for Audi-sport.net, although (touch wood) I've not had any problems with my A4 yet, it seems to be a decent forum full of knowledge, very few ego's and quite a similar 'vibe' to here :)

Might sign up with these guys too as I MAY be selling up for an Audi A4 Estate... ;)