Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

At last... some pics of my G60!

My Flash Red G60... and yes its the original paintwork!

*mod edit - removed double post and re-attached pics for you - Henny*

Looks lovely.... I really like those wheels, and the colour coded handles works soooo much better than I though it would... 8)

How much are those wheels these days? Rare as hell to get hold of second hand, and the stealership charges about £400 a wheel :shock: :shock: :shock:

They look the mutts nuts tho 8)

How much are those wheels these days? Rare as hell to get hold of second hand, and the stealership charges about £400 a wheel :shock: :shock: :shock:

They look the mutts nuts tho 8)

BBS-direct did them a while back for just over £1k a set inc toyo's but i think they only do them in 18inch fitment now

Cheers. Yeah I've got one colour coded handle and one black handle at the moment (other one broke!)

I'll probably colour code a pair of passat rears at some point, but to look right they need stripping down properly before painting, and look best if the rubbery plastic seal/packing is left black.

I got those wheels 2nd hand but unused, totally mint. The guy had paid £1600 for the set from VW, but then wrote his car off before he fitted them :shock: got them for £700. You sometimes see them on mk4's (5-stud)with big chunky tyres on, or on mk4 polo's(4-stud)

A nice touch is that the inside of the wheels are painted a dark grey, so don't need cleaning as often :mrgreen:

Not taken any pics of the rear yet but I will this weekend. Red Clusters look the business, but spoilt by a crappy round exit powerflow exhaust, until I change it!

Andy,

You could get Powerflow to change just the tailpipe. That'll save you a small fortune. The car looks the dogs danglers.

Cheers. Yeah I've got one colour coded handle and one black handle at the moment (other one broke!)

What a difference the colour coded handles make - looks like a real nice car

r u gonna remove the body mouldings too ?

The rear silencer rattles quite a bit so I think its shot anyway... hoping to find a second hand magnex/miltek backbox some day with a small oval tailpipe :) shame magnex/miltek dont do a seperate oval backbox for the corrado, as the rest of the s/s system is only 6 months old...

I nearly bought a red C that had the body mouldings removed... looked great.

Are they stuck on, or is it a big bodyshop job to weld up the holes?

cheers

they're just stuck on with body tape... no holes to fill, but sticky crud to deal with afterwards... :?

Heat them up with a hair dryer and they'll come off pretty easily... 8)

Long time coming pic of the back end, lol. Just fitted new exhaust, the lack of badges (Corra?) is another half finshed job!

:oops: yeah it is, it was on the car when I bought it! You should of seen it when I first got it - It had a F.U.K badge on the left, and on the right, the 'supercharged g60' badges had been prised off(scratching the paint) then replaced with a square G60 badge(mk2 16v style) and a tiny white 'supercharged' logo. It looked so crap. :x

I've got the standard 'supercharged, g60' to put on it, just not got round to it. I Didn't think the wolfsburg edition badge looked too bad, how much would a new VW badge cost me? :wink:

Cheers

No mate it's not so much that it looks bad it's more cause corrado's were not made at Wolfsburg. A new vw badge won't cost you much about a £10 or so from someone like GPC or Trimsport :wink:

Yeah I never thought of it like that, it does seem a daft thing to put on as they were built at the Karmann factory :?

It looks a bit like a stuck-on badge, if I pull it off, the VW sign might be underneath it!

As the car has no VW badges on at all at the moment, the kids on our road can't decide whether it's a Merc, Ferrari or a Porsche!!! :lol:

A new vw badge won't cost you much about a £10 or so from someone like GPC or Trimsport :wink:

We should be able to sell you a rear VW badge for a little less than that. :wink: