dumptyboy

Stolen Headlights - Medwaycorrado . Help needed.

Right I didnt want it to come to this but I just want to make people aware of a recent problem I had with a forum member.

On 7th September I posted some standard headlights to 'Medwaycorrado' as he wanted to do a swap with the inpro headlights he had on his car at the time. He recieved them the following day and assured me that he would fit my lights and post the inpros to me the following day.

Anyway a week passed and I received nothing, so I sent him a message on the forum to see if he could tell me when I might recieve them and asked him to give me a tracking number for the courier he uses so that I can make sure someone is home to sign for them.

So another week passed and I still had no delivery and had not had any replies to my messages to him either! I waited a further week to give him the benefit of the doubt but still nothing. After sending several other messages and not getting any replies I decided to do abit of a search on google to see if I could find a phone number for him, and by luck I found a number for the place he works.

The following day I called the number and he answered, I explained that he still needed to post the lights but he again said he had been busy, and will post them that day for definate, I said alright but keep me informed of what day Im likely to have them. Needless to say, I have still not recieved anything.

I tried to call the number again but the line just gives an engaged tone!

I went back onto google and got his work address again and got his home address(the one I sent my headlights too), I then sent an invoice to both addresses to say he either needs to pay for the lights(£120), or post me the lights that we agreed on within one week, or send my original light back to me!

And again I have recieved no reply or payment, nothing. Its now been several weeks and im affraid that he has got what he wanted and im not going to see anything from it.

In the mean time I found out that he has sold the corrado with my headlight on it! This is his members thread: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?76362-Alpine-White-16v

Edited by Kevin Bacon
Spelling

Id paint stripper the ****s car,cant stand people who take the **** online. Or pour some salt and water on his drive and watch his fiesta vanish :lol: but seriously someone nearby should go see the lad for em and take the lights to post themselves for beer tokens.

I would more then happily pay someone to get my lights back for me, i just need someone closer to do it as im a 5 hour drive away. But if I have to then I will drive there myself, and get them back, unfortunatly I dont have a day to spare to get down there! Ive already made plans in my head what I will do to him and his car if I do end up travelling down to see him myself! Im not someone who gives up easily, infact I never give up. :)

---------- Post added at 8:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:25 PM ----------

This is a link for the build on the fiesta he now owns: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=readersrides&action=print&thread=127066

Im not certain, but I think he might of swapped the corrado with the guy who owned the fiesta. And I was going to try and contact the guy who now has the corrado to tell him I still own the headlights and see if he would sort it out his end to get them back to me, but I cant see that happening as he probably doesnt know the situation?

Edited by dumptyboy

Sorry to hear this happened, can't stand scammers and I hope you get things sorted soon. Similar thing happened to me a few months back buying a guitar on a forum (which I never got). The guy disappeared, so I asked for help which led to an e-lynch mob somehow obtaining lots of his personal data and tracking him down! Not condoning it per se, but I eventually got my money back :norty:

No worries mate. One way or another I will find a way to get them back, I wont let him get away with it lightly either, trust me. He is obviously not very clever as ive made it quite clear that I have his address, know where he lives, know where he works etc. So he will get a nasty suprise soon enough if he doesnt sort it out before I catch up with him. :)

Why not issue small claims court proceedings against him. It's cheap and you get to nominate which court he has to appear in... ie one local to you. It will cost him a lot to get there in both time and money.

Why not issue small claims court proceedings against him. It's cheap and you get to nominate which court he has to appear in... ie one local to you. It will cost him a lot to get there in both time and money.

Yes i am currently weighing up my options. Like I said previously, im not going to let him get away without either paying for the lights or giving me a replacement set. Once I get a chance I will drive to his home/work address and confront him. I got 3 days holiday left this year and will probably use one of these days to pay him a visit. It will probably cost me £100 in fuel, and a day that id rather spend with my kids, but i would get great satisfaction out of getting my own back on him!

Failing that it will probably go down the route of small claims court action.

Cheers for your advice. :)

I hate dishonest little T**ts, makes normal people feel like POO(and I'm being polite). If you need a posse to come down there and kick some behind, I'm in.

Had a recent similar experience buying a bike rack - the guy sold it and either lied about having used it or knew it was incomplete as was missing £45 of bracket that was fundamental to it being usable.

Good luck with getting something sorted and hope you don't have to resort to going down there...

I hate dishonest little T**ts, makes normal people feel like POO(and I'm being polite). If you need a posse to come down there and kick some behind, I'm in.

Yeah it can really make you feel angry, and the thing thats annoyed me the most is the fact that ive asked my misses to stay at home a few days as I was expecting a package which was never going to arrive! And so its messed not just me around, but her also, and that time could have been used more constructively.

Thanks for your support and i will let you know when im heading to see him, but im pretty handy if I need to be! :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Had a recent similar experience buying a bike rack - the guy sold it and either lied about having used it or knew it was incomplete as was missing £45 of bracket that was fundamental to it being usable.

Good luck with getting something sorted and hope you don't have to resort to going down there...

Did you sort it out in the end mate?

Im hoping it gets sorted before I resort to going to see him face to face, but unless someone else decides to go and get them off him for me then im affraid I will have to fight my own battle. There will only be one winner in the end though, and it wont be him!

Cheers bud.

What a complete tosser - and a coward. I hope you manage to get something sorted somehow - this is the problem with forums and so forth.. you never know if you're dealing with straight up people or losers like this! :|

Bloody hell. Have been on a few forums and it tends to be used by arseholes that make sarky comments to each other and make you wish you didn't bother. But to be honest I thought we were all the same on here. ie like minded people trying to help each other out. Can we ban the little **** from here. Either that or could all be mature and start joining him to any rubbish postal things we can from erection problem panflets to expensive plate clubs

Bloody hell. Have been on a few forums and it tends to be used by arseholes that make sarky comments to each other and make you wish you didn't bother. But to be honest I thought we were all the same on here. ie like minded people trying to help each other out. Can we ban the little **** from here. Either that or could all be mature and start joining him to any rubbish postal things we can from erection problem panflets to expensive plate clubs

Sadly this sort of thing happens once a year or so :(

We are exactly the kind of community spirited forum that would rally together to help a member out though. Having seen the size of some of the guys who've been out to mine to buy parts, I just don't get how some people can take the risk, but I guess if scammers are dishonest by nature, they won't care either way.

I must admit I'm very surprised at reading this.

I swapped wheels with him, met at services and all was good.

I them saw him the next day at Players, had a chat and he was talking about plans for the car.

He in no way came across as the type to deliberately screw someone over.

I hope there's an answer, I must admit it doesn't look good, but I know he had good transactions with others on here too.

Best of luck!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:57 AM ----------

UPDATE:

I've spoken to Matt, he still has the lights and they're being posted today.

Once they're gone he'll send me tracking number and ill update the thread.

Can I ask that his personal details are removed until I get an update?

We seem to of missed out on the finding out all the info before going straight to the which hunt on this occasion.

I've explained that if they don't get sent then I look like a d1ck.

Cheers then

Baz

We seem to of missed out on the finding out all the info before going straight to the which hunt on this occasion.

I've explained that if they don't get sent then I look like a d1ck.

With the greatest respect Baz, if the guy was going through some personal problems or some other reason that prevented him from posting the lights all he had to do was reply to the original poster and just explain what was going on and why there was a delay. Most people are reasonable about these sorts of things if you just communicate with them! I can totally understand why he thought he was being scammed.

I feel that the witch hunt was fairly justified, based on the information that's been posted so far.

But thanks for stepping in and helping get this resolved. Very good of you.

Edited by Jim

Baz fair play for helping me out mate.I really appreciate that. Im in work at the moment so cant edit the details on my original post. I have given Matt plenty of time to reply to my messages and he has totally ignored all my efforts to get hold of him.He has had more then enough time to get back to me, it takes seconds to send a message to make me aware of any problems. We are all busy in life, but im sure he's no busier than me at the moment!

Thanks again bud, i'll let you know if they turn up.

Personal details removed as requested.

I tend to agree with Jim. No matter what the reason, it only takes a few seconds to MSM or PM someone the reason.

Anyway, I hope this situation comes to a satisfactory resolve :D

Good on you Dumptyboy for letting us all know ;)

Always tough getting the measure of somebody on a forum, suggest using PayPal in future (presuming of course you didn't) for transactions like this. If things go sour, you can inform PayPal and they'll either refund your money (up to £500) or go legal against the party not playing ball. Saves your ass from jail time if you fancy breaking something dear to him at least...

Edited by tentonhammer

I'm not saying it doesnt look very bad from reading through the OP's post.

I messaged Matt this morning and receiving a reason of 'crazy overtime and family issues' as to why they havent yet been sent out.

It takes seconds to reply to a message, regardless of how busy you are, or what else is going on, especially when you owe someone something.

There is a big difference between being a scammer and being very badly organised though, hence why I [not Matt] requested his details be taken down until he's given a chance to respond to the kick up the ass i've given him this morning to sort it. [Thanks Kev for doing this]

Of course, if it's now not dealt with as promised to me, I'll be requesting the address again myself and collecting Toad on my way for some Pulp Fiction basement style punishment. :lol:

"Do you hear me talkin', hill-billy boy?"

Heheh...