vcl

Immobilisers; Atitude of Insurance Companies

Say what you like about CAT 1 all singing all dancing alarms, but some of us have had bad luck with electrics. The last time I bought an alarm, I asked the installer to remove the old wiring. When I collected the car, I was given the discarded parts and wires - they filled a bucket! I would really rather have a simple, but top quality immobiliser. Unfortunately, I don't know if Insurance Companies will accept a CAT 2. on a Corrado. Has anybody been refused insurance for only having a CAT 2?

I don't have anything on mine (alarm nor immobiliser) and only ever had Direct line requesting i fit a CAT 1 device if they insured me.

Never had issues with any other insurance companies.

As Jon says but worth checking with the insurer you're either with or plan to be with.

Though dont see the issue with a CAT 1 if its fitted by a professional.

Direct line wouldn't accept my corrado alarm, sent them the certificate and had to chase them to get it back, and they just refused to insure it for theft. So i left and went to admiral who were fine with it, now with HIC who are also fine with it

I have a tracker,cat1 alarm and immobiliser,doesn't make a blind bit of difference with all the insurers I've been with !

no way, thats a bit pants!! I would have thought they would be happier insuring you if tracked.

Yeah I had a CAT2 preclusion fitted to my valver, but couldn't find and didn't realise the certificate was mixed in with the paperwork when I got it. Originally insured through Adrian Flux without it being certified, then updated and amended when I found the Certificate and posted them a copy of it. :thumbleft: