joebloggsVR69

Pages being redirected to some other website...?

Wondering if anyone else is getting this problem.

Since yesterday, I've had occasional redirects to this website:

http://testables.net/d/juicyru.com

It's very random, but it's happened about 3 times on my home PC and once on my laptop at work.

Pretty sure I haven't got any malware/viruses, and I've not accidently clicked on the banner :)

That really does look like some sort of malware to be doing that, the question is, is it your computer or the forum server, i have had no such problem, run malwarebytes just to rule out your own machines.

Interesting - only person who can do anything with this is Andi.

I've personally not had this happen once though - I use Google Chrome. I'll post a subject in the mods forum to get his attention..

There was a YUI exploit which I've just patched... think it might be related..

Let me know!

There was a YUI exploit which I've just patched... think it might be related..

Let me know!

thank you, I've had various things come up that i was not expecting.... yesterday was...... I've been selected at random in bedfordshire to fill a survey in and i would win something.... i don't even live in bedfordshire.

Also - make sure you are always logged in when browsing the forum.

There is some software which adds links to certain words if you're not logged in (it generates a little bit of advertising revenue for me from the bots that scan the site) but you won't see it if you're logged in.

I've only had the 'arse' message recently a couple of times. Bit embarrassing in work when it pops up just as someone approaches my desk...:)

Anyone got examples of threads that are doing this? I've not had this happen once yet..

It looks like it only happens on Internet Explorer, i use Opera and am unaffected, maybe the affected people could tell us what browser they are on, to narrow it down a tad ?

Yeah I use Firefox and Safari and haven't seen anything yet. Suspicion is also that it could be IE specific?

Hi guys,

It's not the forum specifically.

In fact, I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from - it may be a rogue advert which has installed Malware in IE on your machines, or it may be malware from elsewhere on the internet which just re-writes URLs in vBulletin forums... Not sure!

We got a mention on this site which has the same complaint:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/538467-being-diverted-to-a-strange-site-looks-scammy.html

In fact Google shows a lot of sites with the same thread... no solution yet? (Other than don't use IE - which is pretty wise advice in itself).

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#q=testables.net/d/juicyru.com&hl=en&prmd=imvns&ei=ZCyVUPeKCoXF0QXZnoCADg&start=20&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=3f622645d8196b60&bpcl=37189454&ion=1&biw=1366&bih=624

So, best go here, then.. ;)

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/