VAG-hag

Buying at Auction - BCA and the like

I am currently in an expensive car scheme through work & I am toying with thte idea of cutting out the middle man if I leave the scheme.

So, does anyone have any tips/ experience etc for a novice like me?

Thanks in advance :thumbleft:

Cheer dox. Is there any way to view what price the stock sells for individually?

---------- Post added at 8:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:57 AM ----------

Love you xxx

Love you more

Would recommend going to a few sales first, just to get a feel of the place and you can get some idea of the prices then before you buy.

Used to go to BCA Blackbushe a feew years ago and it was an experience, they sometimes had 3 auction halls running at the same time so you could find yourself running in between the three.

In this day and age I think it is a good idea as most new cars come with minimum of 3 yrs warranty then if you are looking for somthing like that at least you may have some warranty to fall back on.

Also for the newer stuff BCA used to give you an hour to check the car over, which you could then reject if you found any major mechanical issues.

Would definately go and have a look the auctions are like a mini automotive soap opera...

cheers for that mate.... I have plenty of time before I need to buy & thought that would be a good approach too. Can folk wander round before hand or is that restricted to traders?

Been to manheim auction in Cornwall a couple of times, and all the cars are parked up and can be view prior to auction. They all have a sales note in the window (milage, service history, mot expiry etc) but are locked up. You can have a visual check before the start, but cannot start them up, or check under bonnet ect. As mentioned though, you have an hour window after sale to check everything I believe. I'm sure its the same at BCA too, and usually there is a seperate auction for traders and commercial on a different day. You do have to pay for membership now though, so if you want to bid, they have all your details. Think membership is about £15 so not gonna break the bank. As mentioned, go along and enjoy the day. Gives you a feel for the atmosphere and will help you relax in the place when it comes to the day you buy. You wont get carried away with bidding then! Lol

Nice one. Thanks mate, I think the way forward has to be to pop in and have a look like you say. I'm keen to get an idea on what they go for and all that jazz