Johnny H

Need a little help with offset please

Hi guys

I'm going to get some 16" Schmidt Modern-Line 1pc for my Corrado and they have asked which offset I want.

ET25 all round

ET35 front ET25 rear

ET35 all round.

I don't know anything about offset so could someone help me please??

Oh and it's a 95 VR6. :)

Thanks Johnny

The offset of the original alloys are 43et.

What would help is also knowing the width of these wheels, the oe speedies are 6.5 j so if they are say 7j they would stick out a bit more with the same et.

Hopefully what i have said is correct, have a swot up and work it out there are some good guides on the internet for explaining it all.

http://www.rimstyle.com/pages/alloy_wheels_explained.html

Ok so if they are 7j that is 7" wide they are 1/2" wider than OE (6mm each side) so would stick out 6mm further than OE speedies with the same et.

With an et of 35 they are 8mm closer to the car, which means the centre line of the wheel looking from above is 8mm closer to the car, the inside edge of the wheel is plus 6mm with the width increase which makes 6mm + 8mm = 14mm.

On the outside edge they are 2mm towards the car -8mm + 6mm = -2mm

So the inside edge is 14mm toward the car, the centre line of the car looking from above is 8mm toward the car, and the outside edge is 2mm toward the car.

Perhaps someone can come along and check my maths !!

Edited by daleyboy

Sorry they will be 7.5" all round :)

With 195/46/16 tyres

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:40 PM ----------

Ok now I'm abit confused.com. Lol.

Might have to get the tape out then

Edited by Johnny H

Mate my brain hurts thinking about this !!

Ok so 7.5j they are 1" wider than OE (6.5j) which is 1/2" each edge of the wheel (+12mm).

With an et of 35, the inside edge would be 8mm + 12mm = 20mm So your new wheels the inside edge would be 20mm closer to the strut.

The outside would be -8mm + 12mm = 4mm so the outside would stick out 4mm more than OE.

The centreline of the wheel (looking from above) would be -8mm

I give up mate ! im going for a lay down.

I would go with et35 on a 7.5". I have this set-up on my car and think it's the perfect stance on a Rado.

I would go with et35 on a 7.5". I have this set-up on my car and think it's the perfect stance on a Rado.

I wish i would have said that, would have been far simpler !

I wish i would have said that, would have been far simpler !

Thanks daleyboy I like your answer cause you worked for it.

And thanks Dave you've made my mind up, 35 it is then.

Can't wait for them :)

Thanks mate. :)

Inside clearance = 5mm less

Outer arch poke = Stuck out an extra 21mm.

---------- Post added at 7:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:08 PM ----------

I could go 9" ET15 rear but that will stick out an extra 60mm, to much with no arch work done :)

Looks like i got the idea of the et the wrong way round, but if you swap my numbers round they make sense....... he says trying to convince himself and everyone else.

Lol, it's one of those things offset, even when you think you have it...You lose it again lol.

Best way is to draw an imaginary line down the center of the wheel, and measure to the back mounting face. That's your et in mm.

I thought the less the et the closer to the car it is, but its the other way round...... gonna have to stop trying to answer technical question-----points for trying ??

Edited by daleyboy

Nah, don't stop trying mate, it's all about everybody helping each other eh:afro:

Yea cheers for that :puppydogeyes: