g0ldf1ng3r

I hate car parks!!! - 30th Nov Happy ending update!!

What a joyful start to the morning today.....

Walked out to car, which hadnt been used since i returned from work last night, & thought 'hmmmm that looks odd on my passenger door!!??'

Which was quickly followed by 'mother f***er!!!!!!!!'

someone has taken a chunk of paint off my passenger door & its not a small mark either :(

the only car park where i park next to other cars is my work one, im going to check the cctv shortly & see who was next to me as would you believe it that nobody mentioned it!

this is the reason why when i use a public car park i park as far away as possible & at an angle

rant over, kind of.....

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Hear ya man!! Hope it gets sorted for u....can't abide other people's behaviour and moral's when it comes to car parks...it's as though they have no respect for other peoples property!! Always park as far away as possible but it doesn't stop someone parking next to me :lol:

I had literally not even owned my 'rado 24hrs, when I came back to it during lunchtime to admire my new love it had a MASSIVE gash in the drivers side door which was soul destroying - luckily I kept going out every hour to see if I could investigate further and someone came out and apologised so it all got sorted through company insurance - although for over the 1st month of Corrado ownership everytime I walked to my car all I saw was this massive dent :( check out my thread to see how bad it was!!

Just noticed, 'Corrado' comes up as a spelling error on the forum :lol:

Could not agree more.

I came back to mine after work a couple of weeks ago to find this:

Radowing.jpg

Its all sorted now but I spent ages finding the cleanest G60 I could and this was the 3rd time it has been hit since August, all in public car parks and not once were any details left! The person MUST have known they did it as not only would the have felt the bump and I'm certain had damage on their own car, but the alarm had also been set off! :(

I'm always fussy where I park. I've since changed the car park I use every day to a better lit one with slightly larger spaces but unfortunately, due to the money grabbing local authority I have no option but to use them.

Thanks for you sympathies!

It is so painful when people have such little respect for other peoples property!

Yes ok its only a small ish mark but i spent a pretty penny on the paintwork only 2 years ago....fuming i am :(

anyway, ive had a quick look round the cars in the car park today & cant see any offenders - i might ask the boss if i can send a mail around

here is a pic for you - sorry about quality, it was raining & horrid here this morning

I park in the furthest spot imaginable in any car park i visit and i always return to an empty carpark and some crappy metro parked by me :( Was at nandos the other day and the mrs couldnt even get in the car as a car was parked so close it was shocking. how they got out i dont want to know. safe to say, i ALWAYS check both sides of my car now even if there not parked close. its become a bit of a habbit

I hate car parks. I always park very defensively and try to avoid parking between cars where possible, and always avoid parking next to something huge like a people carrier or something with child seats in it (I have kids and am really strict on how they get out of our car to avoid any issues). But on my old Golf I came back to a huge gash in the bumper despite the bumper being right next to a huge bollard; someone had probably dragged a trolley between the two and scarped the car - £££ of damage.

well, i sent an email round & nobody has owned up. also checked the cctv but unfortunately i didnt reaslise the spot i use isnt covered by the camera :(

a new spot will be chosen methinks!!

oh well, at least i could rely on 1 thing to make me happy & raise a smile.......yup gave the VR some beans on the way home & was immediately grinning as i listened to the 6 cylinders sing :D

Hope its not too expensive to sort or dinted.

I always try to park on row z at supermarkets etc, wife hates me doing it. Still manage to get numpties parking next to it there though.

So many incidents at works car park or not. I was actually sat in it once, having just pulled up and some muppet came in next to us got out thumping my door in the process!? looked at me and walked off... wtf!

Out of all the cars I've owned/parked its the corrado that's always been hit, wasn't aware they came with stealth technology.

If you're parking at work, it's an idea to park next to someone you trust, preferably who shares your appreciation of nice cars, and got a nice car themselves. You're pretty unlikely to bash each other's cars.

Annoyingly where I have to park my car at home is on a long 'car park' for the houses, parked alongside each other - one day I was trying to get something in/out with my passenger door held open but against the next persons car (who by the way always parks her fecking Micra so close to mine so it was her fault I couldn't open the door properly) and she walked past with her dog "excuse me, can you please be careful with my car?!!"....I just looked at her thinking, if only you knew - I'm the BEST person in this street to have your car parked next to as I actually appreciate other peoples property, no matter how sh1te your Micra is!!

Unfortunately it seems the crease down the side of the beloved Corrado is a magnet for planks to swing their doors into

If you're parking at work, it's an idea to park next to someone you trust, preferably who shares your appreciation of nice cars, and got a nice car themselves. You're pretty unlikely to bash each other's cars.

haha, I do this too. Was pleased to find a space this morning between a workmates mk4 golf 1.8t and anothers mint classic Beetle :)

i am not far from taking traffic cones to work with me on a saturday (my saturday job being in a busy area of oxford). i might do it just for tits n giggs tomorow. i shall update with a picture if i am driven to such measures!

Also a guilty confession, i have an album on my phone, and basically i take pictures of my car when i have to park it between 2 others (left with no choice) just so i have there plate on record, anyway, one day, i came back to the car, and it had a NASTY dent on the passenger door, still with a little red scuff from the Mondeo estate that did it, so i refered to my phone, and a week or so past, by luck driving through the same supermarket car park, i saw it, i checked the reg, it all was correct, then proceed to engrave a VW badge in the door that hit mine, childish i know! but it was in a moment of rage, and a reflection of the £200 it cost me to put write!

then proceed to engrave a VW badge in the door that hit mine, childish i know! but it was in a moment of rage

*like.

A quick update on this & im pleased to say it has happy ending!!!

With a little bit of investigation work, checking cameras & inspecting cars in the car park & a little luck i have managed to work out & prove which car had caused the scrape & dent :D

Whilst on lunch today i noticed that the car which had reverse parked into the space next to me last tuesday had a suspect area on the edge of the drivers door. I took a closer look & it was obvious that door had come into contact with mine.....there was even a small fleck of blackberry paint still stuck to said door!!!

Just to be sure, before i approached the colleague who owned the vehicle, i got a tape measure & checked the distance from floor to scrape on my door & then again on the other car - both matched at 63cm!!

GOT THE FECKER!!!!!! :D lol

I have since spoken with the work colleague, i raised it in as nice a way as possible, & they have apologised & said they had not noticed it had happened.

We agreed, very ammicably i must add, that i should get some quotes & they will look at paying the cost rather than go the insurance route.

Thus, as im sure you can guess, i am pleased to have figured this out & will be even more happy once the mark & dent are no more......& i havent got to pay for it!!!

:D