EJ Taylor

Aluminium/ Metal Water pump?

i have gone through 2 water pumps this year, snapping props off, between me and a few friends, we suspect that the may have came from the factory with a water pump with some sort of metal props on the pump fan? does anyone know the answer to this? or know if you can still get them?

THANKING YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Originals had plastic impellers, genuine new ones should be metal. I got a ford galaxy one and that was metal.

i ordered a febi one the other day from avs which arrived yesterday and that is metal, Good price to £26.95 plus the dredded

Dealer ones are still plastic. Well, they are on the 24Vs at least.

The pattern metal ones I found were useless and just clogged up the secondary pump with metal shavings.

My pump was a volkswagen manufactured part. Dunno about metal shavings in my aux pump though, bloody hope not!

Removed my original pump t'other day and it had metal fins, one of which had snapped. Still looking for the piece... New one from TPS is plastic.

Edit: on closer inspection the original fins do seem to be plastic but really worn and pitted.

Edited by nrc

Sound! Appreciate every response, helped me out a lot, yer my problem is my old one lost ever impella prop, so they must all be in the system, this is not good, and i can see any easy way of extracting it all, other than remove rad, flush through with a hose?