Portent

Torque wrench and oil drain pan

I'm on the lookout for a 3/8 torque wrench and this one seems good value (would like Halfords Pro but that's twice the money):

Torque Wrench

Sealey STW1011

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-STW1011-Torque-Wrench-Micrometer-Style-3-8-Sq-Drive-7-112Nm-5-83lb-ft-new-/120862033029?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c23f04485

Does anyone have similar and is there any reason not to get it? It seems good value with a decent torque range.

Oil Drain Pan/Container

Also, I'm looking for an oil drain pan for changing the VR's oil. I was considering this. Is there something better out there and could I empty the oil straight from the drain plug into this or would I need a separate larger pan and just use this for carrying the oil for disposal?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-DRP07-Fluid-Recycle-Container/dp/B000RO13U0/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1355504656&sr=1-3

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Litre-Anti-Freeze-Fluid-Drain/dp/B007TNDPUI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355504924&sr=8-5

Edited by Portent

ive got a unipart taskmaster oil drainer that looks the same.they are very good as you can take it to the tip without leaking everywhere.dont do like i did when i changed my mates clio oil tho,i dropped the sump plug into the hole on drainer.it fitted perfect and caused the oil to leak everywhere and i couldnt get it out untill the oil was all over my drive.it took a gallon of degreaser to clean my drive.a job i wish i hadnt done lol

Portent do you have a halfords trade card? I got the 1/2" pro torque wrench and it was supposed to be over £80 but I paid less than £50. I use it everyday for work and it is great quality, much better than the sealey type I had before which the ratchet broke on. I imagine the 3/8 is just a scaled down version.

Sealey are spot one, no idea how torque wrench will be but I have other tools from them and all are spot on. I bought a snap on torque wrench last year just for a piece of mind, if you patient look on private biding sales, you might get a bargain like I did.

Portent do you have a halfords trade card? I got the 1/2" pro torque wrench and it was supposed to be over £80 but I paid less than £50. I use it everyday for work and it is great quality, much better than the sealey type I had before which the ratchet broke on. I imagine the 3/8 is just a scaled down version.

Unfortunately I don't have a trade card. I do rate the Halfords Pro stuff quite highly as a I have some of their other tools.

Sealey are spot one, no idea how torque wrench will be but I have other tools from them and all are spot on. I bought a snap on torque wrench last year just for a piece of mind, if you patient look on private biding sales, you might get a bargain like I did.

Thanks.

Halfords Professional stuff is ****e !!!!!!!!!!!

Already broken few sockets and allan/torx sockets from my tool box. They replace them according to lifetime guarantee and I broken them again. Avoid.

Halfords Professional stuff is ****e !!!!!!!!!!!

Already broken few sockets and allan/torx sockets from my tool box. They replace them according to lifetime guarantee and I broken them again. Avoid.

In all fairness my snap-on torx sockets break on a regular basis so I don't think thats a fair gauge of tool quality. All my sealey stuff I bought when I was an apprentice disintegrated within months. None of my Halfords stuff has broken and it gets regular punishment.

Halfords will have sales on over the xmas period, there's usually an extra 10% off if you use their "reserve and collect" system on xmas day itself.

Well, just my experience. I might be to strong :D but so far I've broken one stanley 17 socket which was abused a lot and 6 pieces from my halfords professional set.

I haven't had a Halfords torque wrench but the socket set I have has been in use for 6 years and i have only broken one socket which was exchanged no question and no receipt..

Trade card has saved me a fortune..