jaded2882

Ebay- what is wrong with people?

I have used ebay a lot over the years, both buying and selling, and rarely had any problems. I've noticed recently though, that there are some people who don't seem to have a clue how to use it properly.

It might be because of the recession, but I had 2 people win PS3 games from me last week who haven't paid. I invoiced them after 2 days. Still no payment. Contacted them both today and asked for payment. Both of them said they would pay me next weekend as they 'r waitin to 2 get payd' and seemed confused as to why I was bothering them about it!

Waiting to get paid so that you can pay me £5.00 for an old PS3 game? Seriously? If you are that skint then why are you buying stuff on ebay??! Luckily they are both small amounts but it's the attitude that surprises me, not to mention the fact that I will now have to make a separate trip for these two when I wanted to post about 20 together to save me time and money. Rant over! Everyone has the odd bad experience but has anyone else noticed it becoming worse?

When I was selling lot of stuff back in the days I usually had to open unpaid case for every 10 items I sold.

Last one was few weeks ago. I sold my r32 flywheel to german ebayer. Because of international postage price was 87.50 and I even sent him a print screen from courier with quote. My auction description says that I'm only sending parcels as recorded and fully insured delivery so international bidder please contact me for postage price before you bid. Of course he ignored it and then when I posted him invoice and few other email he told me that he can pay 40 quid for delivery or wont' pay at all. Ending story, he didn't pay.

fingers crossed etc I've had little bother in that area so far, just got to give them as much info as possible or "idiot proof" so to say your items.

But it always amazes no matter what your selling you always get odd questions and requests from people halfway round the world usually.

But from others too I have heard that non payers and no shows for collection are becoming more common. like you, I just don't get it.

Not much you can do - don't even think you can leave negative feedback these days which is mental... only elect to leave no feedback at all.

To be fair, in something like 13 years on eBay and hundreds of transactions I've really had very few issues - 98-99% of transactions go off without a hitch, and that has included buying and selling all kinds of crap.

Why the hell can't you leave negative feedbacks for dickheads who bid and don't pay? What is Ebay's logic? Happened to me a few weeks back. Ended up wasting a week or two waiting and faffing and ended up having to re-list it.

I only send using recorded delivery,trouble is hardly anybody leaves feedback !

I have a stack of receipts I daren't throw away in case some dipstick tries it on

You can leave unpaid item strike or something like that, 2 in 6 month for same user and his account is limited or banned or so.

Stop selling on Ebay yonks ago cos of non-payers. Had 4 in court and it cost them quadruple for messing.

Stop selling on Ebay yonks ago cos of non-payers. Had 4 in court and it cost them quadruple for messing.

Remind me never to default on any auctions of yours! :)

Bailiffs is my preferred option although I did work a bank account over with one of them. EBAY support is a joke.

I generally sell stuff in batches, like 5-10 items at a time. The last few times I've done this I've had non payers on the odd item. Same problem as Jaded2882, waiting for fairly small amounts of dollar. Sorry, but if you're struggling to gather together a fiver or so, then you have failed at being an adult.

Chavs have ruined eBay, and the internet in general IMHO.

Ebay can be a right pain. When I sold my Lexus GS300 Sport on there, someone did a buy it now on it, and never heard from them at all. Of course the buy it now top trumped the bids I'd already had, so I lost out there also. To get a unpaid strike against them, I would've had to wait weeks before I could relist the car. In the end I just relisted it and had to forego any unpaid disputes against the tool that did it, they essentially got away with it scott free.

As far as payments go, I always put in my listing that payment must be made within two days of auction end or the item will be re-listed. That way, you can cut someone some slack if they seem genuine, but you can blow out the P&ss takers if need be.

Ive got just over 1100 dvds n cds on my shop and about one in ten buyers are non payers non payment strikes dont bother most people problem i am having latley is people not sending utems. ive had to open three cases with paypal this month and all three sellers had good feedback but no matter how many messages you send and threats with negative feedback people just take your money thinking paypal wont chase them for it must be because alot of people skint one guy even relisted the same joblot after i paid for it! I think it needs to go back to sellers being able to leave negative feedback again.

Ive got just over 1100 dvds n cds on my shop

Link?

That's something I need to do as well so wouldn't mind a snout at your shop to get some ideas.

Got far too many DVDs knocking about. Average price from MusicMagpie was 60p per DVD and £3 for a box set last time I checked. Tight *******s. Must be able to do better than that!