Portent

Another Halfords tool chest deal - Christmas day only, on their Industrial cabinets

Found this:

Halfords industrial cabinets - these are their top end range:

Normal Price

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Chest - £259.99

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Cabinet - £349.99

Total = £609.98

Deal Price - Expires midnight

When bought together they currently cost £299.99 (doesn't expire tomorrow)

Christmas day - 10% extra discount

Quidco cashback - 3.5%

Total when bought through Quidco = £260.54 (saving £349.44)

With free delivery too.

Just a heads up, when I view these they're not grouped as a package deal (buy one get one free) with combined prices, when you add them to your basket the buy one get one free offer is shown plus the 10% offer.

My basket shows £269.99 for both on reserve and collect :)

Think I might have to do this, bit of an unbeatable deal really.

Unfortunately that's my thinking. I nearly went for the previous deal with the Pro series chests but didn't want to spend too much right now. Then this one popped up and it's too good to ignore.

^^ Good find. But I think that Clarke range is the equivalent of the Halfords Advance range rather than their Industrial range. Happy to be corrected though.

The Industrial range are apparently much more sturdy compared to the Advanced range, and have latchable drawers so they don't open if you push the cabinet around. Generally much better construction.

Edited by Portent

The problem with the cheaper cabinets is they're not deep enough, a 17mm spanner and above has to go diagonally when placed in the drawers of the top box and they're shallow too. I have 2 draper rollcabs with top boxes and I find the usable space restricted

---------- Post added at 4:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:58 PM ----------

Halfords rollcab = Size: 680mm (width) x 460mm (depth) x 850mm (height)

----"--- Top box = Size: 660mm (width) x 400mm (depth) x 490mm (height)

Clarke rollcab = Overall Dims (LWH) 675x335x770mm, Weight 26.5kg, Max Drawer Load 35kg

----"--- Top box = (LWH) 610x255x380mm, Weight 17.4kg, Max Drawer Load 19kg

Fair enough both. I don't have either the funds, or space for any or them though unfortunately. I have a reasonable amount of tools, but they're all thrown in a couple of large stanley tool boxes! I have a Halfords trade card too which I could get a decent amount off, and MachineMart offer 20% discount to Forces Personnel, so again if I desperately need anything, I have that to fall back on. I was under the impression the MachineMart bundles had the foam inserts to keep the tools in order etc though...............

Hey ho, again happy to be corrected. :)

The Clarke set above hasn't even got the ball bearing runners... I have a Clarke HD Pro box that does and it's good but not up to the quality of the Halfords black ones.

If you click on the link and look on the picture, there's a great big caption on the bottom right that says ' now with roller bearing drawers' or words to that effect.:lol: Fair enough though for those that have experience with them and their quality, I was just throwing it out there. :thumbleft:

Found this:

Halfords industrial cabinets - these are their top end range:

Normal Price

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Chest - £259.99

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Cabinet - £349.99

Total = £609.98

Deal Price - Expires midnight

When bought together they currently cost £299.99 (doesn't expire tomorrow)

Christmas day - 10% extra discount

Quidco cashback - 3.5%

Total when bought through Quidco = £260.54 (saving £349.44)

With free delivery too.

Thank's for the heads up on this offer i bought one yesterday pick it up sat :cheers::wave: