Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Front shock nuts

How do you get the front shock nuts of the car? For my Mk2 I use a spark plug socket and allen key but the nuts are too big on the Corrado. Are they 22mm nuts?

coullstar, Yeah,22mm they are. What I did was grind down the neck/head of a ring spanner till it fits then its just the same as the mark 2 (ring spanner and allen key). Hope this helps :)

I've always used a deep neck ring spanner and an allen key or 8 - 10mm spanner depending on what your damper's piston end has.

depends what tools you have available, but last time i was pushed, I used my 22mm socket, and clamped good old mole griprs round the outside of it, then put an allen key through tthe drive hole on the socket and useda spanner to keep it still, while i turned the mole grips.

That make sense?

I used a socket that has a sort of spanner hex head at the top......which meant I could turn the socket with a spanner and still get an allen key through the middle......

That make sense either?

Well I managed to get it of using the socket/molegrip idea. Wish I had read this earlier as I was trying every combination possible. One down three to go so hopefully I should be a little closer to the ground by the end of tomorrow. :D :D