Andrew_LWSDesign

Corrado Carbon Fibre Bonnets - Group Buy - LWS Design

Hi,

Quick update here the group buy has gone well although have fallen slightly short of the 4 but have had confirmed orders and even a workshop visit today from a forum member who placed an order and as such has seen some of the parts we have made which were waiting to go out and the quality of these first hand.

Happy to continue to honour the £515 for the Carbon bonnet and £400 for the Fibreglass version, will be happy to run this until the end of January.

We have a 10% sale on all items as a treat your car for Valentines Sale! Cheesy but hopefully it will help spread the word of who we are and what we can do.

Hope the New Year is treating everyone well!

The tailgate now is something that we are actively looking into, a forum member has offered us a part to mould from, the problem is we are very busy and the mould is time consuming to make but we are in the process of getting quotes done for the mould to be made, We will need 5 orders confirmed to undertake this but from the interest we have received for this so far I think we are nearly there...although interest isn't always orders :-)

Well done Andrew. I was talking earlier in a thread on another forum about sustainability of small companies and seeking out business is something so many seem unwilling to do.

I hope you continue to post on here and can develop other products. Wings have been spoken about for so long it would be great to see them finally in production!

Hi,

May I ask if it's the late or early bonnet that you fabricate in carbon?

(would like to buy an early one).

Cheers,

Redfox.

Hi Andy, keep meaning to ring up to buy a bonnet. One quick question, do the bonnet springs have to be modded? I seem to remember that the composite bonnets dont have adjustable mounting points for the springs. I dont wish to mod the bonnet springs as Ive just had mine polished and chromed.

Well here's a thing. One of my customers delivered his Corrado to me two weeks ago, for us to fit his carbon roof and bonnet. He managed to fit both panels in his Corrado. In fairness the rear trim and seats are all removed. So it's possible but not with the rear bench fitted.

Cheers chaps.... would probably take a trip in the daily derv if I decide to buy. OR drive down with no bonnet :lol:

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, not sure what has happened to my notification settings!

On the first question re the springs, I am honestly not sure, 16VG60 might know better having fitted them but as far as I am aware no mods are needed to the springs. It uses the original locking points, some people have added the racing style through clips but it is not vital.

If you let me know where people are based there is a chance I might be able to deliver bonnets and roof skins...I have access to an Audi A6 Estate which comes in very handy :-)

Call me anytime on 07980 859857 to discuss any details...

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much for the reply. Certainly worth baring in mind!! I WILL be in touch about these, its all about making account a little more black than red before buying more stuff if you know what I mean?

Thanks again, Chris.

Hi Andy, pay day is tomorrow and Im hoping to call you to arrange a purchase of a full cf bonnet I live just round the corner of Peterborough in a town near Spalding if your able to deliver.

No problem at all, do drop me an email to [email protected] and i can raise the invoice and then you can pay once you have the funds in the account....Re delivery, I cannot promise anything but if possible will be happy to do this, otherwise the delivery cost is about £25.00. I can invoice this separately if needed at a later stage.

We are quite flat out with orders at the moment so lead times are about 4 / 5 Weeks but if we can do it quicker we will :-)

Thanks,

Andrew

Paid for mine :smug:

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Meant to say, the standard VR bonnet is about 17kg, I used to have a carbon and fibreglass bonnet and that weight 7kg so saved me 10kg in weight! Now Im getting a full carbon version I might save 1 or 2 more kg's so probably 12kg saving.

Paid for mine :smug:

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Meant to say, the standard VR bonnet is about 17kg, I used to have a carbon and fibreglass bonnet and that weight 7kg so saved me 10kg in weight! Now Im getting a full carbon version I might save 1 or 2 more kg's so probably 12kg saving.

You can go further than that! Andrew and Lewis at LWS very kindly helped me out with a single skin fibreglass bonnet for my Corrado race car recently. Think that weighed in at about 2.5kg.