james153

Cruise control feeler

Hi all, I'm currently developing a cruise control system for my car, just wondering what sort of price people would think is fair to pay for the whole set up? excluding switches. Or if anyone would even want one, just after developing a plug in kit on a budget it would seem a shame not to share it with all.

I'm thinking the kit would include;

control unit,

vacuum pump,

bellows,

brake/clutch switches

loom,

and instructions/advice.

Also is there anything I've missed out. So some indicators of a fair price for the kit would be lovely.

Thanks

James

yeah I'm planning on getting it to work for all models, may have to have a few different kits, and probably wont be available until there is nice weather to fit them lol. But its good to see some interest early on.

What would you honestly want for such a kit? I don't want to suggest a price and make myself sound ignorant, as I have no idea how much work would go into making such a kit.

Well I havnt finalised such a kit, but really it would be what people are prepared to pay id try and make my costs match that. its one of those things, I know what you mean. ball park figure as it includes modules and probably brackets and looms, like £120+/-. Does that sound silly expensive or too cheap. lol but I haven't priced up components fully yet, just wanted to gauge interest before I spent too much time on it.

Sounds reasonable,does it plug into the ecu ? I only ask,as I'm running standalone,and don't want to commit it it won't fit mine !

Sounds reasonable,does it plug into the ecu ? I only ask,as I'm running standalone,and don't want to commit it it won't fit mine !

Good point, as far as I'm aware it has it's own ecu. Supplied in the kit. So no problems there.

Ta

James

Well I havnt finalised such a kit, but really it would be what people are prepared to pay id try and make my costs match that. its one of those things, I know what you mean. ball park figure as it includes modules and probably brackets and looms, like £120+/-. Does that sound silly expensive or too cheap. lol but I haven't priced up components fully yet, just wanted to gauge interest before I spent too much time on it.

If its possible for that kind of money, I'm interested!

I can also help with cheap bracket fabrication if you need it.

Sounds very appealing at that price. Would be even better if it could be somehow made to integrate with the genuine VW cruise control stalk for the Corrado!

Sounds very appealing at that price. Would be even better if it could be somehow made to integrate with the genuine VW cruise control stalk for the Corrado!

Indeed it can, they wont be included at that price but it will be designed to fit them. if its required I can make simple yet good looking push switches to be fitted in the dash. but in principle the kit will be supplied to connect to the original stalks.

And Science, ill let you know if I need any help, might even get you a discount off your kit lol. I've ordered the bits I need to make it work in my car and once its confirmed that it all works in mine then ill be able to price it up and sell the kits.

thanks for all your interest.

I'd be keen, got to find a new Corrado first but it is just my kind of toy. Plus cruise control is my sure fire way of not getting busted for speeding in 30/40 mph areas nowadays....

I'm in! and im with edd, i barely use my throttle on my 330d purely cause i've already lost my licence through totting up!, click cruise at 30 and relax:-D

I'm all up for having the car more modern inside so I would be a strong yes

Well thanks a lot guys, ill attempt to get mine finished within the next month or so. Once it's all tested, up and ready to go ill order the bits in for you guys.

Thanks

james

I love it when folks come up with upgrades like this :)

Do you think you could update this thread with progress? I'm interested in the technical details of the control unit.

I love it when folks come up with upgrades like this :)

Do you think you could update this thread with progress? I'm interested in the technical details of the control unit.

I don't see any reason why not, if I get a bit of spare time to make my documentation legible I'll post it up.

I'm glad to see a lot of people interested, means all of my head scratching will benefit others as well :)

Have to say this is probably my most anticipated mod for this year so watching with much interest!!