carrots

signal booster

hi ive heard its a common problem to have a crap radio signal in corrados.has anyone fitted a signal booster like ebay sell

The crap radio signal in my vr turned out to be the booster that plugs into the back of the stereo. Removed it and plugged the aerial straight in and now it works as good as modern cars.

The early C's already have a booster in the base of the aerial itself.

Chances are that this could be dead. You can pull the headlining down at the back to get access to the aerial base. If you unplug the 12v supply to the aerial base and the signal improves.....the booster is knackered, and it's time for a new one!!

The early C's already have a booster in the base of the aerial itself.

Chances are that this could be dead. You can pull the headlining down at the back to get access to the aerial base. If you unplug the 12v supply to the aerial base and the signal improves.....the booster is knackered, and it's time for a new one!!

I replaced the aerial base in mine as well as the aerial but still ended up with crap signal. Then removed the booster in the back of my pioneer and boom. I have good signal.

I replaced the aerial base in mine as well as the aerial but still ended up with crap signal. Then removed the booster in the back of my pioneer and boom. I have good signal.

I've got a pioneer too, where is the booster on them mate??

Is there any way to test the booster that plugs into the HU? I've just ordered a replacement from amazon and was thinking of connecting this as well,or in place of, the original one. Thoughts?

Swapped my original aerial with built in amp that was foobarred for a Hertz replacement with built in amp. I went from Radio 1/2 only to hearing things transmitted from the moon.