Jim Bowen

BMW Z4 Coupe? Any owners on here?

Been looking into these for a while, always like the looks of them, even the Z3 coupe i would be happy with. Purely based on looks, i don't know much about what they are like to own etc. Not sure if i'd bother with an M version either.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/z4-coupe/bmw-z4-coupe-3-0-si-sport-2006-06-sat-nav-xenons/1021673

Seem quite a reasonable price at the moment and look great

Don't like the red seats but the rest of it looks OK. Seems a bit rich for a 3.0. A couple to 3 grand more gets you into the Z4M :D

The only bad words I've heard against them are a hard ride, cramped interior and build quality not up to the same standard as the 3 and 5 series. The ride could be down to run flats though.

I'm not looking at that exact one, just an example, i too don't like red seats, or cream. Just liked the photo in the petrol station/pit lane? tbh

I looked at these a while back as I too like the look of them.

Took one out for a Test drive - drove fine and pretty much as expected, but dull, could have been a number of different non descript vehicles.

Lacked Soul or Spririt and next to no feedback. Was majorily dissappointed.

Love the look of the Z4, don't like the look of the Z3 thou.

Take one out for a drive ( when it stops snowing that is :lol: )

How about the Honda S2000??

That's a fun car :lol:

Thats the engine I have in my 1series and I think it great. Sounds great and can be pretty decent on fuel. Very reliable as well.

How about my 130i, Im looking to sell to get a VW T5 van. M-Sport version and about £2k cheaper than that Z4. Its a bit of a Q car which is what I love. Cant get a motorbike or bed in the back hence why its up for sale.

Search for "Chris Harris on Cars" on YouTube and check out the M135i vs Audi RS3 video. Absolutely cracking car (the BMW that is) and Chris's dissapointment of the RS3 on the track is a must see :D

Most of the vids on YouTube by "drive" are well worth a watch actually.

Z4 coupe is nice if you're into the pooing dog look :D

On a similar note I used to love the - slightly less pooing dog - Z3 M Coupe .....

Z4 coupe is nice if you're into the pooing dog look :D

On a similar note I used to love the - slightly less pooing dog - Z3 M Coupe .....

:lol: i like the Z3 as well but it has a slight pope-mobile look to it

Search for "Chris Harris on Cars" on YouTube and check out the M135i vs Audi RS3 video. Absolutely cracking car (the BMW that is) and Chris's dissapointment of the RS3 on the track is a must see :D

Most of the vids on YouTube by "drive" are well worth a watch actually.

The old 135i's are very good as well, pity they didnt bring them out in the hatch version. Cant be a bit of twin turbo action.

I looked into Z4M coupes for a long time but they really are very small inside- no way to fit a bike in the boot really. Also a lot of stories of them being qa handful due to super short wheelbase. They do look amazing though, so if you have a second car for hauling stuff around they'd be fine.

I opted for an E46 M3 in the end and don't regret it for a second! ( though B7 RS4s and Cayman S's are looking Appealing right about now!)

:lol: i like the Z3 as well but it has a slight pope-mobile look to it

I didn't get that at first :bonk: ...... but I see what you mean now :D

In that case bugger the BM, I rekon one of these is worth a look ......