robrado974

At vw or tps parts price ? sorry its gsf for me !

Not for the rado but for my transporter . I thought the pas pump was on its way out or one of the pipes as its loosing fluid and its a pig to drive . Phoned tps, they want [with discount] £243.34 for the pump , £244.48 for the hoses !. I then went down to see my mechanic who does the things i cant do , he said the good news is its not the pump or the hoses , the bad news is its the rack and thats even more expensive , back on the blower to tps and it came in at £610.00 !!.whats it made from platinum ? phoned gsf and they want £175.00 , sorry but being self employed and work being as it is atm i cannot spend that sort of dough on my van . That price is as long as they have the old rack , a reconditioned part will last me a fair amount of time i would have thought ?

Edited by robrado974

I would have thought it would be fine. I know what you mean about pricing though, I always get prices from the Dealer, TPS, and GSF/ECP/CP4L, and if there isn't too much in it, I will get genuine. When it costs this much, and there is such a difference though, I'd not hesitate to use GSF. They are a big company at the end of the day, therefore will have the resources to re-supply (and pay for fitting) should it go within the warranty period that usually matches VWs own anyway.

We use power racks direct and they are recon, we must have fitted about a thousand mondeo racks and never had one back that I know of.

Obviously a thousand is a massive exageration but you get the idea :)

Edited by lewvw

GSF parts come with at least a year's warranty and I've found they're usually less than 40% of VW OEM. Often from the same manufacturers too!

Stone