g60 jack

g60 :) small update

Hello all,

I have been on here for a few months now, but never put any pics up of my c..... because I couldnt work out how to do it ha ha. I recently brought me self a tablet and can take photos on it and they seem to upload from this, prabaly down to pic size etc...

Well its not my first c... the first inhad when I was 18, it was a nugget yellow 16v but always wanted a g60.....6 years later and many golfs , campers ect later lol I finally have one.

So heres the pics, let me know what you think

Cheers

Edited by g60 jack

Red Corrado's are good, G60 is better, big wheels are great and old style front grille is super!

Nice car.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks all, I've done a bit to it since I had it, took the jabba cone fileter off and fitted a standard air box with k&n panel filter, got a spliter cause it was missing, lowered it dome more and took off the the big 4" outrolled cannon that was on it and fitted a magnex cat back :)

Just in the process of deciding on what wheels to get for her, im thinkin bbs rs 8j front and 9j rear

Don't do bbs mate toooooo many i have nothing against them just think there are other awesome wheel's out there for the corrado impul silhouette are awesome but super rare i just missed out on a set take your time do your research wheel's make/break a car (i managed to find a pretty rare set of stern split rim's which turned out to be split rim's which had been welded at some time making them a 1 piece rim tho they still look like split rim's plus you don't get the hassle of split rim's ie leaking air)

Nice, I was actually looking for a red one when I first got a Corrado. Is it an early or late one? Just wondering with it having a late bonnet, early bumper/fogs/indicators/grill/headlights.

Note to self. Must stop this weird obsession with early/late G60's.:bonk:

I'd say early, but a guess.

Personally I prefer the early bonnet, as it lowers. But each to his own of course.

G60Jack: do yourself a favour and ditch the K&N panelfilter. They clog up and let very fine dirt into your G-lader, and sand it to bits. I took mine out soon after I bought it.

Have a normal paperfilter now. 178 Bhp standard.

Just my twocents.

Does your exhaust hit your rear beam after lowering it?

Riley, I prefer early ones. Many nicer details. The perfect front grille would be an early badgeless one! Think I saw one somewhere... ?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Agree with all of the above, including the early bonnet:thumbleft: Chassis number should tell you if it's an early/late shell, or the petrol tank size, exhaust hanger type...

It is an early one, this is on my list to do :) dont understand why its got a late bonnet and yes i also prefer the early bonnet :)

Good advice on the panel filter cheers for that

And about the bbs lol i know it not rare to see a vw with bbs but it just works so well in my opinion, i do like borbet b's but hard to find.

Many wants the later bonnet as it looks more mean and may indicate a vr6...

BBS are great wheels. Super quality, except the RM's which are fragile and easily destroys the threads when tightening bolts to assemble them with. I know, I had them... ;) RS's far better, stronger, lighter, nocer, thinner cross patern and so on.

True that many use them and they are getting more expensive these days. But really, it's only on meetings that I ever saw any. Daily driving in car, motorcycle, bus, train, bicycle, never saw any nice BBS's

For my Corrado, I looked at a little more modern set of wheels, the BBS RC 323, ball polished, very very light. They do go white and ugle if they see as little as ½ drop of rain... ;( So take care of them.

I also have a set of BBS RS in 16" by 7" which I am going to refurb. Will look supreme ;)

So, my advice take the wheels that YOU like, no matter how many other people use similar.

On a second note, the Nothelle are seriously good looking, and I would really really really really really like a set on my Corrado.

Ball is open to other suggestions ;)

G60Jack, you should be able to find a nice early bonnet, keep it in the barn, and paint it together with the storechipped front fenter after your first season of driving ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

The nothelle? Whats that? Yeah I was going for the rs' s.... I've had a set of those before on my mk4 gti got rid of them as wrong pcd for the c.

Its not a daily so wont see any nasty salt etc..... but willl still take them off in winter.

I know a lot of people would rather the later bonet, but in my opinion the earlier one is nicer and slimer....its on my list of things to do anyway haha it just seems to get longer and longer

ha ha, well I think we all have the same thing - a prolonged list of to do things.

Sure, the early bonnet i more elegant ans sporty, as the areas covering the wheel arches are raised, and the engine section is lowered. Just how it shoud be on a sports car.

Nothelle, borrowed from the site (hopefully accepted):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71905[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71904[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox ;)

Went back to the standard paper filter on my G60 many years ago, too, value the scroll inside the G-Lader too much :)

Agree on the early bonnet, too, always felt the early bonnet makes the whole front look more aggressive, rather than the late bonnet which comes across as the whole front having some weird bulge in the middle that is out of place with the square and flat headlights, square and flat grille.

Tempest

Agree there tempest, its not only the bump in the middle Im not to o keen on, its the very end of the bonet just above the lights where it seems to almost round off and look bulbuss if that makes sense? The early is just more slender.... keeping my eyes peeled for one, preferably a tornado red one :)

Those wheels are nice redfox...dont think I have seen them before

Hi Jack,

agree Borbet BS all the way if ya can find some they do look the tits without the anoyance of cleaning round those pesky split rim bolts, there a bloody nightmare. looking cool mate keep at it.:salute:

got some Polished Porche 928 wheels if your intrested complete with adaptors? before i put them on here this weekend?

Cheers mate, but I have just brought some wheels.... just waiting for the courier to bring them now :) so keep an eye out on this thread lol

you dient have them off a nugget yellow 16v did ya?

Cheers for the offer though bud, I appreciate it mate,

Got all the bits and bobs you sent :)

Cheers

---------- Post added at 5:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:04 PM ----------

Cheers mate, but I have just brought some wheels.... just waiting for the courier to bring them now :) so keep an eye out on this thread lol

you dient have them off a nugget yellow 16v did ya?

Cheers for the offer though bud, I appreciate it mate,

Got all the bits and bobs you sent :)

Cheers

Sweet bud,

No had them fitted to my mk2 Jetta hard slammed. [ATTACH=CONFIG]72010[/ATTACH]

Kept Killing cv joints it was so low because of the driveshaft angle hence the tow truck haa haa.

By the way there is an early c bonnet on ebay it is white though. What rims did you go for or is it top secret?

Take it easy Kev.

Sweet bud,

No had them fitted to my mk2 Jetta hard slammed. [ATTACH=CONFIG]72010[/ATTACH]

Kept Killing cv joints it was so low because of the driveshaft angle hence the tow truck haa haa.

By the way there is an early c bonnet on ebay it is white though. What rims did you go for or is it top secret?

Take it easy Kev.

Can you send me the link to it mate if you have it?

By the way that jetta is nice :) what happened to it? I was only askin if you had them off a nugget cause I sold a nugget with some on a few years back.

The rims I went for have dish and lots of spokes and bolts ha ha

Nice looking motor got mine recently too! after having a 16v 12 years ago! glad you didnt go for the nothelles :smug: and

as for bonnets its a bit like bellybuttons inys are cool and outys just look wrong!