k6kny

Kenny's VR6 - Audio Install Completed

Well since progress with the 16v has been a lot slower than I planned, I started having a re-think about my Corrado project and decided that I wanted to get a VR6. So I've been looking out for one for the past few weeks and a week past on Saturday the right one turned up on ebay, the seller was contacted and a deal was done! The seller was based in Newcastle so I headed down last Monday to pick it up. When I got down I was amazed at the condition of it, the seller said it was immaculate and he wasn't kidding!! Money was exchanged and I became the proud owner of a 93 L reg Brilliant Black VR6 with 86,000 miles on the clock and one of the most comprehensive service histories I've ever seen.

1345eaae-6a6b-4926-ac15-19049be41008.jpg

Exterior2.jpg

Exterior3.jpg

Exterior4.jpg

Exterior5.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

The car is completely standard so I've got a blank canvas to start off with and it's a far better base to be starting from than the 16v. Anyway let me know what you think guys :D

Edited by k6kny

Another nice Corrado in the Glasgow area, nice one, I'll keep an eye out for you. Where abouts in Glasgow are you?

Another nice Corrado in the Glasgow area, nice one, I'll keep an eye out for you. Where abouts in Glasgow are you?

I'm on the southside in Busby, but work in Bishopbriggs so you might see me anywhere across the city

This the one thats cat c....?

It's had the bonnet replaced after it was damaged by a falling object while stationery. Replaced with a VAG bonnet, so all good.

Looks fantastic condition, very nice to start with.

Cheers, it's a much better base than my 16v, plus it's a VR6 :)

Edited by k6kny

I'm on the southside in Busby, but work in Bishopbriggs so you might see me anywhere across the city

The southside is the place to be 8)

Quick update on what I've been up to over the last couple of days:

The speedo would stop working intermittently since I got the car so Having done a bit of research into the potential issues I thought the most likely cause was the sensor on the gearbox, so I took the sensor off the 16v and swapped it over and guess what............problem not solved :@ Next I took out the clocks and checked the cable at the back and found it wasn't clipped in fully...........problem solved :)

The electric wing mirrors also stopped working so this time I looked for the simplest solution first and tried changing the switch over with the one from the 16v and this time problem solved first time! :)

Next I changed the crappy standard wipers over for some Lupo GTi ones:

IMAG0103.jpg

Changed the rear lights over for some clear/red ones. Only temporary until I tint the originals all red. Also removed the rear wiper for a smoother look:

IMAG0108.jpg

Removed the side repeaters and replaced them with some old school Wolfsburg Edition badges that I used to have on my old Mk2 back in the day:

IMAG0112.jpg

New tax disc holder, apologies for the crap pic, it actually says Volkswagen on it:

IMAG0111.jpg

Changed the standard handbrake lever for a leather Mk4 Golf one:

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

I've been trimming up a spare headliner in black alcantara to put into the VR and as I had some spare alcantara left over I decided to tart up my steering wheel a bit and trimmed the centre section:

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

I had bought one of the cup holders that replace the rear ashtray for the 16v, the only issue was as the 16v has a grey interior I had bought one with a grey surround. The VR6 has a black interior, so the solution.......get the alcantara out again :lol:

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Got a lot of funny looks and comments from my neighbours when they saw the two Corrados together. No one realised the VR6 was a different car :lol:

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

Next jobs on the list are to fit the short shifter kit and get the coilovers onto the VR6.

Thought it was about time for an update. So since the last post I've painted and fitted a debadged front grill, changed the rear lights for all red ones, removed the side rubbing strips, fitted a leather interior and fitted the coilovers.

Front coilovers getting swapped from the 16v onto the VR

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

Old rears

IMAG0358.jpg

New rears fitted

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

All done 8)

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

A few pics of the car

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0393_1.jpg

Just realised I don't have any pics of the leather installed so I'll update soon with some pics :lol:

Hi Kenny

It's Mark here, we chatted for a while at E38 yesterday. Your car looked great and you've pushed it a long way from where you started; good work Sir! Hope the drive home wasn't too painful....

M.

Hi Kenny

It's Mark here, we chatted for a while at E38 yesterday. Your car looked great and you've pushed it a long way from where you started; good work Sir! Hope the drive home wasn't too painful....

M.

Cheers Mark, we made good time on the way back up the road today. It was good to talk to you and put a face to the name lol. Just about to download all the pics from the weekend so I'll get a few of my car up here soon.

Did a few bits and bobs to tidy up the Corrado in preparation for Edition. Removed the roof rails and door handles in order to paint them black:

IMAG0452.jpg

Primed and painted:

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

Then decided to do the headlight surrounds:

IMAG0457.jpg

More pics to follow.......

So, it's been way too long since I updated this thread!! I'll try and bring it all up to date.

As I said previously I fitted a leather interior that I picked up off a member on the forum. It had been re-trimmed by MJ Interiors and was in great condition except for one bolster on the drivers seat.

IMAG0474.jpg

At Edition 38 a couple of years ago Dave from Auto-Trim Systems carried out a repair to the bolster

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

All finished!

DSC_0437.jpg

Dave did such a good job on the seat that I got him to do my steering wheel as well. Here's how it looked before

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

And a couple of it finished. I couldn't believe the difference, looked like a brand new wheel.

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

More to follow....

Nice touches and things that I hope to do yo mine through the next year.

I'm along near Livingston so not too far if I need a hand :dance:

I was never really happy with the BBS reps on the car so when a set of Schmidt Modernlines 9x16's came up for sale I snapped them up and once they arrived I got my master mechanic to help fit them lol

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Just for the hell of it, here's one with my A5 daily.

DSC_0088.jpg

More to follow......

Next I changed over the tired old wing mirror glass for some new blue tinted items.

Old glass

DSC_0251.jpg

New glass

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

I also fitted a set of Audi TT pedals.

DSC_0249.jpg

I picked up a brand new set of gauge pods from VW Heritage. I removed the old cassette holder and trial fitted the pod, I've still to wire them in.

DSC_0247.jpg

More to follow....

As good as the MJ interior was I had always wanted a set of original electric Recaros, so when Tomi on here advertised a set of half leather seats I snapped them up. The drivers bolster needs the same repair as I had done to the old interior but other than that they are in great condition. I also need to get a set of black leather door cards as the MJ interior is dark grey so the door cards don't match.

Here's a few pics of the seats trial fitted. I will be fitting them and wiring them in soon and I will take pics so I can do a detailed how to.

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

More to follow....

I could be interested in your old interior if your selling ?

New seats look great as do the wheels :-)

Edited by massbad69

Very nice indeed, can't believe I've not seen this in the flesh, given that we are both on the southside.

Looking forward to see how the recaro wiring goes as I've a set on the way for my twilight VR :)

I could be interested in your old interior if your selling ?

New seats look great as do the wheels :-)

Cheers, I'll be selling the old interior at some point so I'll keep you posted.