Jim Bowen

Quitting smoking, E-cigs

Anyone else use or tried these electronic cigarettes? I had a go of a builders one he was smoking and decided to give it ago. Looked around the internet about them and ended up with this

8446529433_5becf7a0de_z.jpg

I've smoked for about 10yrs now and the switchover was instant, didn't smoke at work all of last week and carrying on this week. I'd really recommend it. Although i find one of the liquid vapours is alot better than the other. To me feels and tastes exactly the same as smoking.

Edited by Jim Bowen

It's only a matter of time until they tell you that these things are just as bad for you. I think its only if you want to stop badly enough, you'll do it.

I've seen friends try and fail over the years.

I stopped 11 years ago and have never looked back :)

I've seen and tried one of those just out of interest, never had a smoking habit myself but my Mrs did, the e-cigs are clever but work out as expensive as real ones and for me that's the clincher, just too damn expensive to smoke :)

I can see how hard it is to just stop, but I'm a firm believer that it's the pattern of behaviour you need to suss, so e-cigs are just re-enforcing the habit. Somehow you need to change your pattern of behaviour that allows for smoking and do something else with the time and money, cars, gardening, exercise, anything, and ditch all the people you know who smoke too :lol:

My mate did stoptober and use one of these for a bit of help , i tried it and it just made me cough worse than a cig would !

Iv been stopped since new years eve and havent touched a drag of a cig yet and im not going to either , i went cold turkey from about 15 to twenty a day and if i was on a night out i could smoke 20 in one drinking session and i wouldnt of done it any other way , iv tried in the past cutting down gradually an it doesent work !

If you can get past the first week then your a winner in my eyes you just have to keep telling your self that its bad and its gonna kill you and when other friends / work collegues go for one and you feel like somethings not right and your missing out just get up an focus on something else

Theres no point in stopping one habit to start another and imo smoking a big daft plastic tube is no way as cool nor will it make you as hard as smoking a real cig lol

Just beat it for a few weeks and you stop thinking about it and after a while you forget about it all together , saying all that tho i did like smoking but knowing all the effects it has and the amount it costs its just not worth it

I stopped just over a year ago, also cold turkey.

Everyone I know using these after a year or two is still using them, so in my mind could easily go back to smoking as they have not kicked the habit, it appears just healthier - for now at any rate, but. I think there is already rumblings these are bad for you

Ive got a e-cig aswell but mine doesnt look like a space ship pen like yours does....its just a cigarette shape :lol:,ive cut down drastically because of it and i will eventually stop although i only smoked 2 rollies a day anyway.

You smoke 2 a day, and need help getting off them?

Your having a laugh? :lol:

Well i have reduced from been a full time smoker over the years since ten year old,smoking too many biftas years ago brought the craving back so i ended up having a few a day :lol:

---------- Post added at 2:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:57 PM ----------

I use this > http://www.vapestick.co.uk/vapestick-classic-e-cig.html

Sort of using it inbetween. Whenever I go out I don't take the fags anymore so it's helping cut down a lot! They just brought out some new cartridges too, not tried them yet.

Ive got one like that too,its just a go to when your stressed

i might get involved in a bit of this.. only smoke a few a day and dont want to give up :lol: however, i'll try it and see if it does anything for me.

i dont smoke enough to be worried about long term health, but if i can cut down on my washing its a bonus :bonk:

:thumbleft: I haven't come across anyone who hasn't seen a positive effect as yet if that's anything to go by mate:thumbleft:

I myself have always smoked 10-15 a day, but when I started using this I instantly dropped to two a day. I just can't stop the 'Brew and a fag' in the mornings and 'Last smoke before bed' routines yet lol.

I know a couple of lads who have stopped the cigs all together after trying these too.

Neil.

Ive only ever had the 2.4% as yet, I smoke Regal king size:thumbleft:

Oh, the starter kit is £15 quid off at the moment too! And maybe you can use the vapes10 discount code on top as well?

http://www.vapestick.co.uk/vapestick-classic-e-cig.html

Quick review is that the 'Hit' is brill, the flavours are brill and it does work out much cheaper than smoking so far (For me anyway). The lack of smelling of fags, and most of all the health benefits are the best.

One thing I'm not keen on, is that when the cartomisers run out they tend to get a funny taste...But at least you know it's time for a fresh one. Yet to see how long the battery's last as after all they will only recharge so many times...

Neil.

done! £31 delivered, cheers.

i'm interested in giving it a go.. as above, im not bothered about quitting, but if i can limit smoking to pub nights its gotta be a bonus :lol:

I think ill give one of these a go.

I want to get fit again but 10 a day is ruining me (silk cut).

Ill still smoke my usual on the social though lol.

I have an Innokin Itaste VV and an Innokin AIO now, use them both quite a bit, its nice to swap between them