robrado974

Changing to mk4 rear brakes

Have read through the posts on whats needed , but some of it im not sure of . I have goodridge hoses , i take it even though they are up graded they still wont fit the golf calipers ?. As far as i can see i just need the calipers and mabe the pins as well , Carriers are optional as are handbreak cables . Also read about pipes being a pain and would be better with new lines ? Thanks in advance for any help .Rob

I changed mine a while ago and I'm sure you will need new hoses with the Golf 4 banjo connection. Goodridge do a Golf 4 conversion kit. Get the number and find it online somewhere - Awesome GTi/C&R Enterprises

The handbrake cables will fit and the carriers are OK as originals too. I'm sure the slide bolts are fine also.

Yep get the Goodrich conversion hose C&R, Awesome, Badger etc I used the mk4 carriers and std handbrake cables

Didnt want to start anothr thread so i will put it here . Been looking online for prices and saw vdub machine has calipers by pagid , anyone know if these are any good , i know they have been stripped and reconditioned ,but do they hold their weight against oem ? Rob

Swampy can you make a set of four rear hoses for a Golf Rallye that would also be compatible with MK4 Golf banjo bolt fitting callipers? If you can could you contact me with costing for two sets please. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, John JMR 01903 718684