swiftkid

R32 engine wanted

Hey everyone, trying to join the 24v club but having trouble finding an engine, where are the 24valvers sourcing their engines from? Don't want to get ripped off from someone or pay over the odds for the engine either.

The last R32 engine I bought off edition38 I got severely ripped off with so i don't really trust people on there, hence why I'm posting here. Ebay seems to be full of overpriced engines, half burnt ones or ones with half the parts missing which following on from previous experience I will never ever buy another engine with anything missing, just ends up in stress and a very sore wallet

you going to give it another try mate? I remember you going through the motions a while back.

I got mine off ebay in the end and has been fine with me.

Ahh yes, forgot about TT's, not sure how seeing as first engine I bought was a TT one. Thanks Kip.

Yea Sam, going to give it another go but this time will finish it off, the rado is no longer my daily so I'll be able do the conversion and make a good job without rushing anything. Really looking forward to getting an engine now and getting cracked on :)

Rang a few places and keeping my eyes open but still no closer to finding one, every one I do find seems to have bits missing and parts broken

Ok this is winding me up now, I am wanting to get cracking but for some reason the price of these have gone up since last time I bought one and people seem to think everyone is an idiot. Few on ebay I have seen listed as a full conversion, emailed the seller to which I get replies of "no, doesn't come with any loom, lambda sensors, maf" etc etc... basically the most expensive parts which is clearly why they are selling the engine.

Other times I find just what I need and its a ridiculous price or just too high mileage, has anyone got any advice where I can find an R32 being broken so I can get all the bits I need or one going for a reasonable price with reasonably mileage

There was one for sale on VR6OC not long ago mate, either there or the VR6OC FB page?

If its the one painted black on ebay at the moment I saw that and emailed the guy, sadly full conversion to one person means something completely different to me. Comes with no lambda sensors (£120 each second hand), no mass air flow meter (£100+), no ecu to fusebox loom (minimum £200 plus actually finding one, my last engine didn't come with one and took me 2-3 months and almost tears to find one). The reason I didn't finish the conversion the first time round was because I was missing soo many parts, this time round I want to start right and finish it this time

unfortunately that will always be the trouble, dont forget the loom worked out cheaper for me to buy new from audi than it was to buy from a scrap yard :scratch:

Other option if you can fund it is buy a written off r32 and take what you need. then sell the rest.

All the best mate, I do remember spending months traking bits down and spending a fortune getting some things

I bought a full Bora 4motion to break. Bonus being I got EVERYTHING I wanted or might need and sold the rest for profit.

FULL car minus interior seats for £400 from which I got my bits and broke the rest for £1200 so £800 profit and free parts. Extra cash pays for conversion and tarting up of the car.

Ok so it's not an R32 but a good start!

If its the one painted black on ebay at the moment I saw that and emailed the guy, sadly full conversion to one person means something completely different to me. Comes with no lambda sensors (£120 each second hand), no mass air flow meter (£100+), no ecu to fusebox loom (minimum £200 plus actually finding one, my last engine didn't come with one and took me 2-3 months and almost tears to find one). The reason I didn't finish the conversion the first time round was because I was missing soo many parts, this time round I want to start right and finish it this time

wow had no idea them parts were that expensive on the 3.2 ,

You can get 25% off parts at Eurocarparts if you join the R32OC and lanbdas are about 80 quid if you shop around - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-R32-LAMBDA-SENSOR-OXY-022906262AG-NEW-GENUINE-/380320738647

MAFs are about £90 from EuroCP, or £150 from VW.

I don't recommend hunting around for missing parts either, having been there myself, and engines sold as complete should be complete!!

Anyway, your most common engine code choices are: BFH (MK4 R32), BDB (Audi A3), BUB (MK5 R32) plus Audi TT, but I don't know the code for it.

The MK1 TT DSG would be a lovely engine to get as it gets the bigger MK4 style airbox (as per KipVR's) and some very sexy downpipes.

Missing lambdas and MAFs etc is annoying, but correctable. The biggest ball buster is a missing in-car harness. Very few conversion sellers supply it and it's not cheap from VW. It was about £600 last time I enquired. It's the harness that controls all the numerous power supply functions, the pedal, and a few other bits n bobs.

i messed up, i now remember how i got the ecu to incar loom. i bought it from ebay germany. have a look there. the look i bought from audi was the ecu to engine.

Even thought the loom was for a lhd, it didnt matter due to the splicing and mods etc

Either way I won't be making that mistake again, that is one of the reasons I didn't finish the conversion last time. It was such a nightmare emailing every breakers in the country and every advert for someone breaking an r32, this time I want the engine and the loom it came with so no hassle and no messing about.

Defo want a 6 pot?

Of all the things I've done to my Corrado, a 24V conversion was the biggest faff by far, especially when it came to getting the ME7 managment in and working.

Could be time to try something different? ;)

The only way to ensure a smooth transition is to get a heavily rear ended car as already suggested. You can't rely on ebay people to supply everything you need.

I think there's talk of that engine fitting in R32s on the Vortex, so might also fit in Corrados too. Now that would be an engine conversion!!