Sign in to follow this  
quikstu

Best induction kit for VR6???

What is the best induction kit for a '94 VR6?

Had the K&N on my last cars, which I liked.

Is there a Vader kit available?

Opinions please.

Wheres the best/cheapest place?

Thanks in advance.

8)

I've got the RAM Air kit from AMD. think it was about £125 fitted..........sounds absolutely superb :twisted: :D

Another vote for the big ram air hre too, but only if it's well oiled. if it's dry it'll filter about as well as an old sock.

BMC carbon gets my vote or one of those great big drain pipes that drops into the carbon canister hole.

I do don't K&N or Foam shite that sits right next to the MAF. A, because oil gets sucked on the hot wire and B, they also suck hot air off the engine. So they just suck in general really.

This season, I am mostly wearing a stock airbox with some cotton in it.

Does the job nicely without being noisy and obtrusive....

cone filters in the engine bay are a waste of time......sluggish throttle response anyone? that's the hot air to blame.

Always ditch the carbon cannister and mount the filter down there. perfect fresh air from the bumper if you drill the grille out.

chris CORRADO,

After reading loads of posts about the carbon canister I removed mine and chucked it in the bin, I didnt notice any difference at all and have never seen any think come out ofthe pipes.

all the carbon cannister does is filter fumes from the fuel tank, and pump them back into the inlet manifold to burn them off.

It's an environmental thing.

I got a K&N 57i, and am wondering if it really makes THAT much difference? It makes a hell of a sound tho. I do feel that i get a sluggish throttle response, and am working on the Heatshield, in the hope that it will improve matters.

Nice pic quikstu.

I got a K&N 57i, and am wondering if it really makes THAT much difference? It makes a hell of a sound tho. I do feel that i get a sluggish throttle response, and am working on the Heatshield, in the hope that it will improve matters.

Nice pic quikstu.

I guarantee if you put the stock airbox back on, you'll wonder why you ever bothered with the K&N 57i. The engine will be smoother, more responsive and quieter. The latter being especially important to old men like me :lol:

There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between noise and responsiveness. I just love the subtle tones of the stock induction and exhaust. VRs with induction kits and exhausts sound no more impressive than Novas with no airbox imo.....

K

i agree with kev,i took my pipercross off and refitted the standard airbox a couple of weeks ago,and the car now feels smother and quicker,and still sounds nice aswell,and im back to getting decent mpg readings aswell,i had 33mpg on a recent run down to kent compared to 25mpg the time before that

Wouldn't be without my induction kit, you can't beat that growl when you floor it, it's how the VR should sound. It's not like it's loud all the time anyway, sounds completely standard until you floor it. I've Got an ITG with a heatshield and I've never noticed any drop in performance. I've also developed a love of tunnels.

Glad you like the induction noise of the VR. I don't. I think it's sound is over-rated which is why I shut it up with stock box! The muted burble from the exhaust is sweet I have to admit, but the god awful racket of 6 cylinders gulping air in does nothing for me.

The only engine noises I like are:-

Subaru flat 4s - lovely warble warble, nothing else on earth sounds like it :lol:

BMW straight sixes - Crisp, mechanical shreek with undertones of gear whine...mmmm 8)

Chevvy big blocks - Thunderous brute force, there's no substitute for CCs :lol:

Dazzy, were seriously only getting 25mpg with an induction kit? That sucks! No pun intended :lol:

Dazzy, you were only getting 25mpg becuase you were driving at full throttle all the time to hear the induction roar :lol:

I have a turn2 cold air intake. i agree with leavon, it sounds so good i wouldnt never take it off. but that was the first mod i did and i felt alot of throttle response.