Sign in to follow this  
EDWARD757

Search tips for Corrado VR6 or VR6 Highline

Hi All,

New to the forum but you all seem pretty helpful and wonder if you could forward some advice.

I am about to embark on a proper search for one of the following cars:

Corrado VR6 Storm, Green, air con (was this standard on storms but not VR6?), factory unmodded condition, low mileage with FVWSH. I am looking for a cherished car! Would also consider a perfect VR6 - again must be standard and very well looked after.

or

Golf VR6 Highline - ideally 5 door and must be manual - black but would consider dragon green.

Does any one have top tips for dealers to approach, websites to visit as well as trawling through AT and E&M regularly.

I wonder also if anyone has every compiled a guide to the Corrado, detailing with photos the standard details, options available and the range of colours, for example.

I appreciate the forum must regularly get posts like this one but any help would be appreciated. I plan to buy the afore mentioned car and then part with my current stead so should the right car appear I will be ready to move.

As an aside I also note that Parkers suggests a 10% mark up for Storms - most advertised seem to ask for somewhat more than 10%!

Kind regards,

Ed

im glad you have established the difference between the golf and corrado....now you just need to make sure you dont buy the golf :lol: :lol:

just kidding..

there is a buying guide on what to look for on corrados and also there are alot of storms on auto trader right now...nice low mileages ones...but be warned you will pay a premium for them!

Just a note on the Highline... They only came in Mettalic Black with black leather or Blackberry Mettalic with dark purple leather.

The Storm didn't have Air con standard.

As for a dealer it depends on where you are in the country. If you're pretty central Autotek seem to get a few Highlines in. Occasionally have C's too. You will pay a premium through a trader though. Best to do your homework and try to buy privately. Much better value for money. But remember that prices in the real world are often much different to that of the "Price Guides".

If you want a VR6 Highline you won't be getting Dragon Green - they only came in Diamond Black Pearl and Purple Violet Pearl.

Why you swapping from a new M3 to a Corrado? Corrados are good, but I know which I would rather have :)

The M3 is simply fantastic - everyone should have one!

However I need to move along the property ladder and therefore, although it will break my heart, Milly will have to go!

any pics of 'milly'

if you want i'll do a swap...you can have my vr6 and i'll have th m3......its gonna be a tough swap for me but i'll have to deal with it :lol:

all BMs have an excellent ride hieght and wheel choice optoins at the moment dont they!

Nice car...I am jelous! :mrgreen:

Droll...

Milly is my kinda car :)

If you are looking to pick up a Corrado from a dealer in the UK, the best place to look is a company called Autotek. They have a pretty good stock of Corrado's and they are renowed for getting in good low mileage or cherished examples. These obviously command a bit of a premium though and are likely to set you back anywhere from £7000 - £10000!

If you have any questions, don't worry about asking. Yeah, we get asked em quite a lot but its the love of the car that keeps us all here, and what brands us 'enthusiasts' :)

You'd do well to read our Corrado Buyers Guide (can be found in Common Questions Sub-Forum) and at a glance, Storms should be equipped with :

* Classic Green Paint (cream leather to match) or Mystic Blue (black leather to match)

* BBS Solitude Alloy Wheels (6 spokes)

* Storm badging on rear and on the plastic trim surrounding the gear stick

* Colour coded front grille

But still plenty are 'faked' and you are best phoning VW and getting them to cross reference the VIN with their records if you want to be 100% sure you are getting a Storm.

Thank alot chaps - willhave a look for an autotek website.

Well spotted, it is Italy - the dolomites (Corvara) - she was a month old then and those mountain passes are great!

P.S.looked at the autotek site (they are in Guildford, right?) - does anyone have an email address and are they bold enough to offer a warranty?

But still plenty are 'faked' and you are best phoning VW and getting them to cross reference the VIN with their records if you want to be 100% sure you are getting a Storm.

faked storms!!!! :shock: where......not mine officer :oops:

Well spotted, it is Italy - she was a month old then and those mountain passes are great!

thought so, spent quite alot of time in switz and italy in my friend porsche, why cant the brits make great driving roads like that!!! all we have are speed bumps! :mad:

I think Autotek have stopped dealing in Corrados now. I bought my Storm from them 2 years ago and was told then that good examples are getting hard to find. They had a nice choise then though. 3 Storms,1 in green and 2 blue ones and a blackberry Vr and a silver Vr with aircon. Last couple of times Ive checked there site they havnt had a single one. I got 3 months warrenty with mine by the way.

Dave