Jonathan Claxton

Wide rims? Let me know the size of yours and the size of spacers if fitted.

Wow not only do you not take advice when you ask for it but you throw it back in there faces aswell , im suprised baron is still posting pics and trying to help you

I was going to comment but dont think i will now

He didnt give me any advice, just negativity.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I've got 225's on the back of mine with 20mm adapters and they fit perfectly without modding, the but is that I have stretched rubber.

Thanks for your input mate, looking forward to my adapters getting here so i can try them on :)

16x7.5 front and rear 16x9 no spacers or adapters... but i do get some arch rubbing if i get a big chick in the back lol :)

Personally I feel anything over 25mm per side, so a 50mm track width increase, is a) against safety and b) just ruins the overall steering and track geometry.

They're not ideal wheels to suit a Corrado to be fair.

It's a bit over the top that you post for help, people attempt to help you and then you diss what they have tried.

Edited by Graphite

Personally I feel anything over 25mm per side, so a 50mm track width increase, is a) against safety and b) just ruins the overall steering and track geometry.

It's a bit over the top that you post for help, people attempt to help you and then you diss what they have tried.

Some people are beyond help i don't think this person's original post was about getting the reply's he got, i think he thought everyone was going to agree and say "yeah they will fit no bother mate" and when he saw the replies he treated them with contempt and decided to just go ahead and do what he was going to do anyway ah well it look's like he is going to learn the hard way.joker:

20mm a side on the front so that will be fine with the steering, and as long as it passes a mot then its safe, and i accepted all the comments which were helpful, thanks for your input anyway mate :)

---------- Post added at 3:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:38 PM ----------

Some people are beyond help i don't think this person's original post was about getting the reply's he got, i think he thought everyone was going to agree and say "yeah they will fit no bother mate" and when he saw the replies he treated them with contempt and decided to just go ahead and do what he was going to do anyway ah well it look's like he is going to learn the hard way.joker:

As i have had many vws over the years i have learnt many things the hard way, but always ended up the way i wanted. which is what customizing is all about, as a fully qualified mechanic, i know they will fit eventually :) sorry if i have offended you in anyway, that wasnt my aim, you seem a genuine bloke, thanks for your tips and that mate :)

20mm a side on the front so that will be fine with the steering, and as long as it passes a mot then its safe, and i accepted all the comments which were helpful, thanks for your input anyway mate :)

---------- Post added at 3:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:38 PM ----------

As i have had many vws over the years i have learnt many things the hard way, but always ended up the way i wanted. which is what customizing is all about, as a fully qualified mechanic, i know they will fit eventually :) sorry if i have offended you in anyway, that wasnt my aim, you seem a genuine bloke, thanks for your tips and that mate :)

Apology most graciously accepted mate but not really required i value baron's view's as do alot of other people on the forum i had kind of worked out you were in the garage trade with the number of car's and the pic's of your G60 which was why i was a little taken aback firstly because you asked for advice then secondly your reaction to baron's reply maybe if you offered an apology to him he is a good guy as i have met him and i'm sure he will be first in line with me to doff our cap's if you get them to fit and not to foul;)

Apology most graciously accepted mate but not really required i value baron's view's as do alot of other people on the forum i had kind of worked out you were in the garage trade with the number of car's and the pic's of your G60 which was why i was a little taken aback firstly because you asked for advice then secondly your reaction to baron's reply maybe if you offered an apology to him he is a good guy as i have met him and i'm sure he will be first in line with me to doff our cap's if you get them to fit and not to foul;)

I didnt mean to offend him in any way, he did just seem a bit sharp with me straight off, and im a bit defensive as you can see haha. I just wondered if anyone else had done it for any tips, then got loads of people telling me it wont work and not to bother trying etc, where as how i look at it is anything can work, no matter how hard or what i have to do, if i want them to fit then i will. I read about a bloke who got some 9s on the front and 10s on the back, so i can get 7s and 9s im sure, thanks for your help anyway mate.

You should listen to the Baron. We've both done the wide wheels thing with rado's and his advice is spot on so I won't add anymore to it. His advice is solid bud. :)

205/40 or 215/35 with rolled arches are a minimum requirement to run 17x9's.

You could get a 225 on with the right offset but you'll need to do proper metal work on the arches. You'd be surprised as to just how unaccommodating corrado arches considering how big they look!

Btw, with regards to your above comment; there are rado's out there running 11's out back so anythings possible if you're willing to spend the time and money on arch work.

Edited by Abdul

I believe this is running something like 15x11s on the back and I can't remember the front, likely to be something just as crazy. Looks awesome in my opinion but likely that others don't share the same view. Either way I await pictures, everything can be made to fit, some things just shouldn't be though. I remember a thread not to long ago on a well known VW website about putting 17s on a mk1 golf, everyone slated the comment then had to eat their words when the guy fitted them and it looked stunning.

corr1.jpg

I believe this is running something like 15x11s on the back and I can't remember the front, likely to be something just as crazy. Looks awesome in my opinion but likely that others don't share the same view. Either way I await pictures, everything can be made to fit, some things just shouldn't be though. I remember a thread not to long ago on a well known VW website about putting 17s on a mk1 golf, everyone slated the comment then had to eat their words when the guy fitted them and it looked stunning.

corr1.jpg

Well I'm on holiday from the 2nd to the 10th, but as soon as I'm back you should be getting some pics :)