Rocket Ron

Daylight running lights/leds

Has anyone fitted day time running Led's to their car. Fancy doing it but if anyone already has and it incorprates the existing lighting system ie goes off when you switch main lights of whould like to hear from you.

I just use my foglights with headlights on side light setting.

Seems to work and bothers certain drivers, which i like.

In my opinion daylight running LED on modern cars are far brighter than the corrado fog lights.

I just use my foglights with headlights on side light setting.

Seems to work and bothers certain drivers, which i like.

Might just bother the plods as well. They are fog lights and there are rules for their use.

Don't do it - it will look utterly **** and everyone will think you are a penis. As for wiring up/using fog lights as DRL :nono: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okay, well I haven't done it, but you'd probably need to power them off the ign live, and then have a relay in line which crosses over the lighting circuit, and opens the DRL circuit when current passes through the lighting circuit. When you switch the lights on, the relay should then switch off the DRLs.

Make sure you put a fuse in line too.

I've fitted a set of ring extra bright DRL complete with relay the come on when ignition is on and when side light are switched on they go of iaw regs. I've integrated them into the main light fitting so no cutting involved.

The Corrado has DRLs, it's called dim dip and happens when you turn the ignition on and sidelights on, the main headlight dip beam filament is fed through the yellow dim-dip resistor, which has to be unplugged if you use aftermarket relays to bypass the original lighting loom.

Dim dip is bright enough to create a beam pattern but not so bright as to pee other road users off, as in the case of overly bright LED DRLs.

I've fitted a set of ring extra bright DRL complete with relay the come on when ignition is on and when side light are switched on they go of iaw regs. I've integrated them into the main light fitting so no cutting involved.

Got any pics? I'm not sure that the modern DRL look would suit the Corrado, but happy to be proved wrong as these days they could be considered a safety feature.

The Corrado has DRLs, it's called dim dip and happens when you turn the ignition on and sidelights on, the main headlight dip beam filament is fed through the yellow dim-dip resistor, which has to be unplugged if you use aftermarket relays to bypass the original lighting loom.

Dim dip is bright enough to create a beam pattern but not so bright as to pee other road users off, as in the case of overly bright LED DRLs.

Ive recently picked up my 1st corrado over xmas and have noticed the front sidelights are on dimmed all the time, thought maybe its a dodgy lightswitch but the rear lights aren't on????

Ive recently picked up my 1st corrado over xmas and have noticed the front sidelights are on dimmed all the time, thought maybe its a dodgy lightswitch but the rear lights aren't on????

That's not normal, I'd investigate a bit more...

My VR6 was like this when I got it , I thought it was strange till found out my headlight switch was playing up/broken . But you never know exactly what previous owners have done to your car as I have found out with this one more than once

yeah my headlight switch doesn't turn off the lights sometimes so guess that maybe the problem, thanks!

How do you up load photo on this site ?????

I think it's easiest to upload the photo to somewhere like photobucket (I use my Google+ account though). Copy the photo url and then click the insert photo button above the text box, select remote host and paste the url in.

Attachments on here work just fine - you just need to resize the pictures down to a sensible size first :)

Attachments on here work just fine - you just need to resize the pictures down to a sensible size first :)

yep, the upload just does nothing if the image is too large, not great.

to upload you need to 'Go Advanced' when writing a reply and then 'manage attachments'

Nothing I just mounted them inside using brackets provided with kit. I did manufacture a small shield to protect wiring from heat of main beam otherwise was simple enough.