mr.ots

Strike pins

Does anyone know if the door lock strike pins are still available from the stealers and the cost if possible, as the nylon collars on mine are about to come off.

They are not available but I do have a spare set of aftermarket ones that I bought from ARZ in germany.

I paid £8 for them so you can have them for £9 (£1 for postage) if you wan them.

They dont look 100% like the originals though, they have a yellow nylon ring and instead of being silver metal, they are slightly yellow (like brake calipers when you buy them new)

They look like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLF-MK2-GTI-JETTA-MK2-DOOR-LOCK-PINS-PAIR-357837034-BRAND-NEW-/251217869618?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7dc07b32

Cheers

Ron

Thanks for the info guys and your offer Ron.

The eBay ones look pretty OEM so I think I'll give them a try.

^ Yep best to buy OEM really, the chromed ones on eBay last about a year before rusting.

They we're £2 each a few years ago!

X2. from expereience

So does anyone know if the oem ones are still available?

The eBay ones bmwcompact listed don't look chromed

Edited by mr.ots

I might have a pair of OEM ones in the garage going spare. Can check them out if you want? If the plating is worn I am getting some more stuff replanted soon.

Just checked and one of the nylon collars is split. The other is intact but just looks a bit tired!

Edited by ChrisL

Thanks for the offer ChrisL but I've just ordered a couple of the eBay ones. At £1.99 each. I can always replace them again if they don't wear too well, who knows, it might trip to the dealers.

Do the VW Heritage ones fit a Corrado? They are listed as Golf parts. I keep meaning to change mine and am assuming the Heritage ones are less likely to rust?

Do the VW Heritage ones fit a Corrado? They are listed as Golf parts. I keep meaning to change mine and am assuming the Heritage ones are less likely to rust?

357837034 Door Lock Pins were fitted to many, many vehicles including Audi 80/100/200 plus Passat/Polo/Jetta and 5dr Mk2 Golfs amongst others.

Ian.

Sweet, I have sent him a pm. Need this sorted asap. Not a fan of having to lean across the passengers side to open the door from the inside lol.