carrots

alpine ida x305 poor base

hi ive not long fitted a alpine ida x305 ,has anyone else got one and thinks the base is poor.ive got 6x9 speakers in the back and the fronts are not standard.ive been thinking about an active sub and like the idea of the under the seat type but cant see one fitting under a corrado seat.can anyone help with ideas.i dont want to spend a fortune and have some massive thing in boot.also it wont keep its memory so is that just a case of swopping the lives around.cheers

Hi,

A few issues there...trying to take them in order...

You won't get much bass from a stereo without running a separate amp. You'll be lucky if the inbuilt amp is pushing 25w rms, nowhere near enough to drive a set of 6x9s properly. Your best bet is to run a separate amp, thus opening up a load more power whilst taking the load off the Alpine HU.

As to what to do about bass, then yeah - you'll need a sub. I'm new to Corrado ownership but the interior looks pretty cramped to fit a shallow sub - you could always get a 10" sub in the boot - I've seen some nifty things done with the spare wheel well and making it into an enclosure. A decent 4 channel amp will power a sub and a decent set of components (or coaxials) in the front.

I've never liked 6x9s. Don't see the point alongside a sub and components. I'm intending to fit some decent Hertz front components (5.25" to retain standardish door pockets) and a 10" Hertz sub in a sealed enclosure with an Infinity 4-channel amp mounted to the back of the sub box. It won't knock your fillings out but should be bassy enough for my taste.

And yes - swapping red and yellow wire in the loom should save your radio, track position etc.

Agree with above, you'll never get good bass from a head unit, best to get an amp to run a sub in the boot.

I'm not a fan of 6x9s in the shelf, a good setup will only need components in the front and a sub in the boot

Rear speakers are only for passengers in the back (which I never have in my rado)

I have the same headunit. I run kenwood dualmag components in the front doors in Audioscape door pods, no rear speakers and a Focal 10" sub in an Audioscape enclosure which fits neatly in the nearside rear quarter and an Audioscape amp rack which fits in the opposite rear quarter with an Alpine V12 amp that runs both the sub and the components. I also run a 1 farad powercap. The setup sounds sweet and I still have full use of my boot

---------- Post added at 4:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:48 PM ----------

oh and if your looking for an amp or 2 I have a pair of brand new Rockford Fosgates for sale. 1 Monoblock for your sub and 1 4 channel stereo for the rest

do you no why i cant get it to store radio stations or bass and treble etc.it loses it when i turn it off,i tried swopping the red and yellow wire around

oh and if your looking for an amp or 2 I have a pair of brand new Rockford Fosgates for sale. 1x Monoblock for your sub and 1x 4 channel stereo for the rest

---------- Post added at 8:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 AM ----------

sounds to me like the permanent live and switched live are round the wrong way. I bought an iso adapter from ebay to connect mine up to the factory wiring and found the wires in the harness were round the wrong way, maybe this is what's up with yours ?