Michael'durham'

I keep leaving my lights on,!!! Help me Out.

All the years of having posh cars with auto or alerts, I'm now four weeks into my car and have left me lights on dozens of times.

Are there any very easy solutions apart from giving myself a good slap?

I'm no electric expert so after summit simple, or a cheap retrofit somewhere?

Thanks in Advance

I think all Corrado owners go through this.. All I can say is, one or two standings through flat batteries does wonders for improving your memory :)

Hehe, i did the same, happened to me in first week of ownership. Then it happened again few weeks later. Ever since that i always check the switch before i leave the car and also look back from the outside just to double check. Its a bit annoying but kinda get used to it by now :)

Someone said that before, VW managed to give us raising spoiler and heated mirrors but somehow they forgot about light buzzer and cup holder. go figure ^^

I've wired a lights on buzzer into all my Corrados (past and present) to overcome this annoyance. Simple buzzer from maplin etc, wired into the converience light and light switch. Door opens with lights on and you'll be the first to know. Just don't ask me to remember what colour the wires were !

And me, done it twice this Winter to huge embarrasment and enjoyment of others.

Things like this are good to remind you to not do it again. I should be fine now for the next 3 years. !!!

Years ago, someone said Halfords sold a buzzer that can be fitted, obvioulsy my memory is too good to possibly need to go along that route - Not !!! :D

Or, is it I am too tight ? ! Umm !!!

There was someone on here selling them, I should know as I have one sitting unfitted in my garage, which seems to be what happens to most things I buy. Before anyone asks, NO its not for sale, but it did come with fitting instructions, which I'll post up later on(if I remember) :)

Think it might have been 8vmatt/matt8v that was selling them but again that could be completely wrong :lol:

there is a VAG relay that has the buzzer incorporated, I had one from a SEAT (I've got one of the old Maplin self build kits on mine), looks like a regular relay but has a little grille in the end for the sounder, unfortunately it's not a direct fit to the Corrado fuseboard AFAIK, but it's not hard to wire up, courtesy light feed and sidelight feed to it.

Ha ha ha & there was me having thoughts along the lines of 'I wish that damn headlight buzzer wouldnt sound when the passenger door opened'

i thought it was a VW function lol

Glad its not just me then, I left the lights on every time I got out of the car on the Sunday I got it. Luckily I've been driving at night since so its quite obvious that the lights are on, but during daytime its easy to forget!

wire a live from your ignition to your lights, so as soon as you put your ignition on your lights come on, and when your key is out the go off, nothing wrong with that, like a nice audi then :)

This is a good example of how things change over the years. Back in the 90's and earlier everyone just remembered to turn their lights off. Nowadays we need a buzzer to remind us and in newer cars such as my mk6 I never even touch the headlight switch as it's set to auto 100% of the time.

Which is why I love owning an older car too... back to basics :)