Sign in to follow this  
Bean

I have a problem with my windows

My electric windows work when my 93 vr is running when i turn it off the full closure works. Then i come back 5 mins later and the window is half open????!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I don't like it and want to sort it soon cos it is raining and the are robbing gits about!!!! :x

cheers

Dan

must be a short somewhere,check the rubber wire holder thingy that goes from the door into the pillar for any wires shorting out

Most alarms have the option to change the amount of time that they opperate the full closure feature... this means that if it wasn't fully closing all windows and sunroof then you could re-program the amount of time so that it does close everything. However in your post you say it does close everything and then lowers the window half way? That is odd :? my full closure only closes the drivers window about 75% and isn't alarm related :roll: It might be that there is some kind of brain which does the windows and this might need re-programing or replacing... let me know how you get on as it might be the same part on mine thats buggered...

Try not arming the alarm and closing the window before you lock the car and see what happens then. If the window stays up, it's the alarm at fault. Although why it would wind down after x amount of time of it's own accord is very peculiar!

i am going to take the trim off in a min and have a proper look. I think it is the brains of the electric windows and not the alarm i hope. I think i saw someone else saying that the brains off of a mkII golf is the same is this true?

I have fixed it all you need is a bit of wood a cable tie and a wood wedge!!!! 8)

I think it is the box of tricks.