seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Yep , will be best to source parts mate .I will be making a list of stuff I need this weekend , to fit in the winter time , so will be asking you a few questions !

Rob

Damn, knew I should have bought more sets of the fuse box clips, set just sold on ebay for £21 plus postage!

Got a call from the wheel refurbishers today. After being blasted, they noticed a crack in one of the wheels. They sent me an MMS pic but I cant work out how to upload it. Thats another £70 I hadn't planned for! :mad2: So I consoled myself by dropping a few parts off for black nylon coating, then nipping down to Darens (Harrier) to pick up the BMC CDA, and I also bought his 288mm brake setup too. I couldn't afford the KW V1s, or the Recaros though unfortunately. :(

Oh well, I'm happy with my interior now (although not a patch on his), and I'll hopefully be able to get a Bilstein B12 setup next year. :rolleyes:

Most of the way through the strip down now. Need some fishing line which I'll get tomorrow to take the rear badges and possibly the rear number plate tub off. Just the wing mirrors, aerial, and sunroof out, then she's pretty much ready! I'll probably fit the brakes and BMC before it goes for paint so its all pretty much ready for MOT as soon as its out. :o

You'll be happy with 288's :)

Got on anymore info on Nylon coating? Not heard much about it?

Apparently you need to be into womens undergarment's?? :rolleyes:

Sorry Sean I've just Seen the post. Nylon coating is just a harder wearing powder. I'd recommend it for underbody bits as it'll resist the chipping and light scratching you'd normally get under there, which with paint or standard powdercoating will still allow rust to form and rot from inside out. It's a little more expensive than normal powder, but worth it imo. It's not available in as many colours as standard either, but that shouldn't make a difference if it's only standard black you want.

Apparently you need to be into womens undergarment's?? :rolleyes:

Dont knock it ,till youve tried it James .

Dont knock it ,till youve tried it James .

:lol::lol: Have you been on the Cider Rob :drinking: Who say's I haven't :rolleyes:

Word of advice bud , wip your door cards off but dont take the wing mirrors of like i did until your ready for paint lol everytime i have to reverse the car in to the garage with no wing mirrors and it ****es me right of haha , two min job and it save you not being able to see

Yeah apart from seats Rob. Roof lining, pillars and door cards need to come out for access to Windows, mirrors, sunroof etc. I rushed it in for national day anyway tbh, and I wanted it back out as I have some felt to line the joining parts. I'm a dab hand at it now, it's been in and out so many times!

Good job it's coming out , the white dust gets everywhere , even though it's masked up . When I picked mine up all I had in it was the drivers seat .

I would too Sean especially after doing all that work on your interior.

A lot of the dust comes from using the airline to de dust the car before wiping . I remember Kip saying the same thing about his or his wife's car . It's a bit like dragging the Christmas tree out of the lounge ...... Two months later and your still finding needles , or prep dust in your case .

Interior out this lunch time. Carpets are still in with mats but I'll probably whip them out too. Got a few little ebay bargain bits over the last couple of days. Uncracked drivers fog for £30, abs pump with pipes, servo, MC, etc for £30, 3 sheets of beige a4 felt to line the interior joining parts for £2.10, a new set of wheel bolts for £18, and new BBS centre caps for £12. Wheels are done now and being collected tomorrow, and I'm almost there with stripping everything from the car. Got some 30lb fishing line today to get the rear badges off, with just sunroof and door handles to go. I've got some carpro cquartz and dlux to treat the wheels, plastics and paint, so I'll make a start on the plastics when it's off for paint. Gonna concentrate on getting the abs sorted, and changing the front brakes to the 288mm setup I got from Harrier last week. I'll give the underside a good going over with thinners of all the oil and grease that's accumulated over the years too. Quite excited for the end result. :smug:

Got some 30lb fishing line today to get the rear badges off, :smug:

Not from Daves tackle in Gosport :)

Keep up the good work mate.

No it was in Fareham town Centre. That wasn't a bargain, it wasn't priced and I thought 20m of 30lb line won't be more than about £6. Nope, £13.99! :eek: :crazyeyes:

No it was in Fareham town Centre. That wasn't a bargain, it wasn't priced and I thought 20m of 30lb line won't be more than about £6. Nope, £13.99! :eek: :crazyeyes:

You're be out catching your tea with it at the weekend... Used to use the tackle shop in Gosport when I kept a boat at haslar.

Ah right. Tbh, I've lived here almost two years now, and I couldn't even tell you how to get to the Gosport ferry! I can get to the place where I get the powder coating done, and to the kids soft play place (can't even remember what it's called!!!) and that's about it. The wife says I should pay more attention or something, I dunno I wasnt really listening..........:lol:

Great news Sean . Have a good read on replacing the sunroof , in the search . I would hate for you to scratch the new paint dude .

Don't know the place that well either , just knew how to get to the sea from oxford every weekend. Know the IOW / Solent and how to get to Cherbourg better.

Assume the fishing wire is for the corrado script, I bought one too at the same time but not fitted it yet