lion

doors with audi handles

lookin for a pair of corrado doors with audi handles all ready fitted.

need the doors to be complete with the windows motors and looms all straight.

long shot but if they are blackberry in colour would be a result

anyone

thanks

Hi,i fancied the exact same handle conversion in my Corrado & last year searched absolutley everywhere for a complete pair of modified doors with no success.

Upon doing so i found an Audi A3 handle conversion kit for sale at venom motorsports,thinking happy days i was told that although still advertised they were no longer available. I urged if not begged them to get me the kit & when they came back to me was told that the guy who manufactured them has broken his tooling & would not been doing anymore.

It was at this point that i decided to bite off more than i could or should have chewed.. i picked up a pair of delocked rear doors from an Audi breakers & took them along with the car to a bodyshop to be chopped out & welded into the doors. They did 1 as a test & 8 hours later had it welded in & working for me then to decide that i didn't like the look of it. It seemed to sit too low although the suage line on the door governed where it had to sit. They also had to construct & weld a nut & bolt mechanism to actually strike against the lever inside the door. It seemed to have a glitchy feel when pulling on the handle although none of the rubber seals or glass was fitted which wouldn't have helped.

Because of this i decided not to proceed with the other door & then had to source a replacement door .. not my best move in hindsight :)

The moral of the story & the whole point in writing to you is to point out & hopefully make you aware of & avoid potential poor mods.

Cheers & good luck with your search

I have one drivers with Audi handle and the other door is flushed. If the blackberry doesn't sell in couple of weeks I maybe looking at passing these on of u are interested.

yeah mate definitely interested, if yours is the same colour im happy to meet up and possibly give it a go swapping mine for yours and cash your way. let me know mate

thanks

---------- Post added at 7:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:03 PM ----------

also any pics, looking for the rounder handles like the later audis not the square ones

unfortunately blue buddy think I have 2 photos I'll take a look

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:50 PM ----------

pics mate

IMAG0200_zpsfcba7e44.jpg

IMAG0199_zps5cc4c500.jpg

poss not the type you want

dam they're not, lookong for the other type of handles, thanks anyway im sure soneone will snap them up

The newer audi handles are a pita because you have to fabricate the mechanism, I fitted them to my Mk2 Golf whereas the earlier type pictured above are very easy and require no modding

If you decide you want an early set as pictured above i have a pair still in a section of the door skin so a good body shop will have no problem cutting down to size swaging and then welding in

The newer audi handles are a pita because you have to fabricate the mechanism, I fitted them to my Mk2 Golf whereas the earlier type pictured above are very easy and require no modding

If you decide you want an early set as pictured above i have a pair still in a section of the door skin so a good body shop will have no problem cutting down to size swaging and then welding in

cheers mate. definitely want the newer audi handles, if worst comes to it ill have to try do it myself but would prefer ones that are all ready done

I know JMC does them with the new handles, and some good reviews. The ones on his G60 look great, anyway ;)

link to profile

Might be worth taking a deep breath and having a word with your bank manager first though - good work costs.

Stone

I messaged him but he doesnt know what im on about, does anyone else know someone?

Not JMC ! John at JMR, 16vG60 on here,

He did his own and Destructive dave's and probably more that I don't know about,give him a ring/pm

no joy contacting him. going to give itva go myself this weekend. will update with pics if it goes well

Lion, don't know what the problem was with you trying to contact me fella? I work Monday to Friday from 7am to well past 6 pm. I can be pm'd, emailed, text, faxed, or leave messages on my work / mobile numbers which are on so many threads on here. I would be happy to discuss your needs, and shocked you could not raise me! Are you at Stanford Hall meet this Sunday? You can't miss my car there :-) my number is 07974020031, I look forward to hearing / talking to you.

Best regards, John Mitchell JMR Ltd