lewvw

Just been Gritter'd

Just got blasted by a gritter on Cole avenue Gloucester going the opposite way, saw it and sort of veered as far away as I could but that thing was firing it out like it's going out of fashion! Anyhow I now have loads of tiny chips on my OS wing and door! I know they're a necessary evil but i'm furious! Anybody else had this?

That's utter crap mate :( Jake had this on his old valver. Nightmare- nothing you can do either :(

It totally sucks! The paint's not perfect by any stretch but I could do without extra chips!

had it a few years back on my blue C

going towards cheltenham

totally covered bonnet and windscreen

crapped it...

That's utter crap mate :( Jake had this on his old valver. Nightmare- nothing you can do either :(

Yep got hit by 3 different gritters in as many minuets. First one I had practically stop and in the field next to the road yet this lorry was tanking it along and sent loads straight over the bonnet and onto the windscreen' :(

To say I wasn't best pleased would been the understatement of the year!

Edited by Swompy

Strange - I have never experienced damage here in Scotland. Maybe your authorities acquired a model of gritter that really blasts the stuff out. Normally it is only Cheshire rock salt - I would guess - and is not as hard as road gravel.

This was the damage to my BM a few weeks back. Not sure what else they mix in with the salts. Radiator was completely peppered.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79515-Gritter-salt-Damage-to-my-car-radiator&highlight=gritters

another thing to watch out for is slabs of ice flying off lorries. I have had a slap of ice came off the top of lorry once onto my windcreen at 70mph luckily it didnt smash through !