Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Andy Brookes's Satin Silver VR6, its last journey...boohoo

Hi All,

Been looking for a while, was lucky enough to have put onto this car by James Renshaw, thanks again James. Picked it yesterday morning.

Satin Silver as you can see with late cloth interior (did have leather front seats, see my other post, as they are for sale on ebay), Koni coilovers, Team Dynamics Race 1 17"'s (Still not sure if they are to my taste, so if anyone has anything interesting to swap......), Engine was rebuilt 15k ago including new honing the bores, new rings, chain and tensioners and a new clutch, so should be ok for a while (touch wood!)

Work done so far.......

Fitted original front seats.

Removed grill spoiler (dont like them, see other 'for sale' post).

Remove rear windscreen wiper and mech, lovely clean rear end.

Trimmed up the scabie roof trims.

Fixed the darn heater controls, what a mess! I'll post up some pics of the repair as its worked really well.

Fitted my momo gear knob (cant fit my steering wheel yet as a friend has my boss, bugger!)

Nice big shopping list sorted for next weekend at GTI I. I'll be camping friday and sat night at wanstead so hope to meet a few of you.

Cheers Andy

Looks good... I quite like the wheels to be honest... 8)

See ya on Friday then... :) I'll be there with J-DUB and a load of the other nutters from on here and Dubforce too... :)

Andy the reason they look a little strange is cos they are a different silver to the car

Nice motor brookesy, there's just something about silver Corrados........... that I bloody love :) ! It's the best 'light' colour you can get IMHO... it makes them look so clean and 'right'. 8)

BTW, Nice clean looking Motor. I know what you mean about the wheels, there a nice wheel just look at little busy for the C.

Very nice indeed :)

So did the car just come with two front leather seats?

Lokking good, nice to see another C in Satin silver. I've just spent ages agonising over my wheels. I have a show set of BBS RS 301 split rims with polished rims and gold bolts, put them on the car this week ready for International and i'm not happy with the overall effect. I have put the stock RS 301s back on which I am pleased with. So what do I do with the show set. Dilemmas, might start a thread get some input from you guys.

(excluding Phat VR6 whose views on the subject are well documented :lol: )

Nice clean looking car m8... lovely colour :wink: the silver always looks better in the flesh

I think the wheels look fine from side on...

Nice to have someone else spend the money on the engine work as well... as you say, it should run now for a good while without any problems

Clean looking motor mate! :D

Are those headlight washers on the front bumper? I don't think I've ever seen a Corrado with them - were they an optional extra at the time of purchase?

Sure are headlamp washers, huge 7 litre washer fluid tank to go with them. I've only seen them on a few VR's. I havent checked what options mine has as yet. Will check etka when I have a chance.

Got a big list of new bits required at inters, nothing to big on the mods side, just lots of little touches and new lights here and there.

Had a good drive out this evening to go and look at a car for my girlfriends dad, VR was lovely, i'm liking the K&N induction roar a lot!!!

My all red rear lights have finally arrived back home from Spain (thanks Nigel) see attached pic, just need to get some green bulbs to hopefully amber up the colour when they flash.

Looks good mate 8)

Personally I'd code the VW badge silver though - just think it would make it look a bit smoother, which seems to be a theme you've got going :)

Looks good mate 8)

Personally I'd code the VW badge silver though - just think it would make it look a bit smoother, which seems to be a theme you've got going :)

with tom there too......but i wouldn't go overkill on the colour-coding.....i would leave the number-plate holder un-painted for example :wink:

i'm thinking the other way round at the moment, code the plate surround. But we shall see. Smooth is the plan to replicate my old g60. Note the same lights.

well its your motor afterall :D .........and if you did do it ,its just a case of buying a new or 2nd-hand surround so its not too much of a problem :wink:

Fitted Milltek Sports Cat, Full Milltek Exhaust and a Turn2 Induction Kit last night to the VR6........ made me late for work this morning as I couldn't stop myself driving the long way.

What a combined noise the new stuff makes, the induction kit sounds very different to the K&N induction kit I had on there before. Its a very snarly hard edge sound rather than the deep bellow from the K&N. The sports cat has definitely freed up some ponies, the engine just fells like it breathes more, Similar effect to one of those vic's stick's up ya nose!

So very impressed apart from the clamps that Milltek supply are absolute pants, they are too large, when fully tightened they still allow the joints to move about allowing the system to move about. Quick trip to VW this afternoon to get some standard clamps as they seem the best to me.

I'll post up some pics later on.

I'm thinking 'Turn2' myself recently... where did you get yours Andy?

And heres a pic of a Satin C, rear surround painted for ya to look at. Will look better when I fit the smoked M3's

Turn2 was second hand (but never used). Its the way forward! and not over priced IMO, the kit is well spec'ed, includes all the bits you need.

The only bit that needs a bit of thought is relocating the carbon canister, I have popped mine just in front of the alternator next to the radiator, secured with a tie wrap around the lower headlamp mounting. Fits in there a treat for now. I may reposition it down in the inner wheel arch when I have the bumper off to fit the oil cooler in a few weeks.

Rear end looks good dan.