Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Just Installed new speakers in VR6.....Sounds pants!!!!

Well I was thinking about screwing them into the grills? - Is that possible?

Failing that I am going to need to source some OE Tweeters mounts for the Corrado - anyone breaking a Corrado? :oops: - or has some for sale / spare?

i hotglued mine on top of the OE grilles.

if you still have the OE grilles they could be glued underneath Im sure.

Yeah you will need the tweeter plates I'm afraid! They can't be that expensive from the dealers I would have thought?

The grills are still there yeah.... my new coaxials are mounted in the hole underneath as its nearly perfect for the 3 1/2 inchers....

If I can glue them in place under the grill that would be excellent... how would I seal the rest of the hole though as the tweeter would sound pants otherwise?

Yeah you will need the tweeter plates I'm afraid! They can't be that expensive from the dealers I would have thought?

Probably not mate but its getting hold of them!!!

Time to find somewhere / somebody breaking a Corrado!

Scott.

PS. Cheque in post 8)

Tell you what, I'll include my tweeter plates with the Focals premounted, so it'll be plug-and-play for ya dude.

I will be doing something a bit more elaborate with my Tweeters, so you're welcome to them.

K

Oh and some other tips. The offside grill is a different shap to the nearside one, so you can't use the tweeter's metal grille on the driver's side, but don't worry, the dash grille doesn't rub on it.

Crossovers - Mount the driver's one behind the kick panel, it's a perfect fit and easy to get to as the X overs are adjustable. Passenger side I'd velcro it to inside of the glovebox and run the wires through the factory changer hole. Sweet :twisted:

Tell you what, I'll include my tweeter plates with the Focals premounted, so it'll be plug-and-play for ya dude.

I will be doing something a bit more elaborate with my Tweeters, so you're welcome to them.

K

MATE!!! - That would be awesome!!! Cheers very much!!! :D

Oh and some other tips. The offside grill is a different shap to the nearside one, so you can't use the tweeter's metal grille on the driver's side, but don't worry, the dash grille doesn't rub on it.

Crossovers - Mount the driver's one behind the kick panel, it's a perfect fit and easy to get to as the X overs are adjustable. Passenger side I'd velcro it to inside of the glovebox and run the wires through the factory changer hole. Sweet :twisted:

Awesome Stuff Kev - cheers!!!

I do actually have some excellent velcro that I use for my RC Shells that will do the job....

How do you mean the tweeter cross overs are adjustable?

On the Focal Xovers, you get "Live" and "normal" settings for the tweeter, so in other words -3db and 0db respectively.

Leave it on the normal setting initiallty and then crank up to Live if the top end is lacking, which it won't be as the Focal tweets are pretty darn good :lol:

LOL :D

Right next thing:

I have access to the following stuff - now tell me how you would wire it taking into consideration the following:

- It must be neat

- It must be compact

- It must not modify the Corrado

- My Dogs wont eat it :lol:

- Take as little space as poss.

I have:

Infinity Reference 10 inch (1000W peak) sub in a ported bandpass box

JBL 4 * 100 watt amp (also tri mode capable)

Kenwood 2* 100 watt amp

Phoenix Gold fuse box

FOCAL Component Set

Kicker DS Series Component speakers (6*4 rear / 5 1/4 front / 3 inch dash / etc)

Scott

Well worked it out.... for now until the speakers Kev is sending me turn up....

I am going to disconnect the front door speakers and leave the rear shelf speakers and front dash speakers running off the head unit.

I am then going to run the 4 channel amp.... in tri mode.... one output (bridged) to the sub... and the other two outputs to the door speakers...

What reckon? 8) :)

Then when the FOCALS turn up all I need to do is install them and modify front wiring slightly.. :D

Cheers

Scott

Yeah I'd just run the focals and the sub to begin with and then build around from that if you're not 100% happy. It's a good starting point though :lol:

You'll just have the one amp, 1 bass speaker and a pair of fronts so won't weigh a tonne and will be neat. I still think the amp should go in the boot somewhere, and perhaps put a wire gaurd over it so the dogs don't eat it!

mate trimode is when you run a sub and speakers off a 2ch amp. running a 4ch amp for a sub and speakers is perfectly normal :)

Yup the amp is going into the boot mate :D - I am thinking of mounting it on the side of the sub box... that way if need to stick dogs in back then I could remove the lot .... ?

Perhaps use a plug of some type for removal?

I thought tri-mode is when you bring down a 4 channel amp to 3 channels?

Basically I want to run two channels to the sub and the other two channels to the door speakers.... :lol:

nah trimode is when u are too stingy to buy a 4ch amp :p

if you bolt the amp to the box I usually stick a layer of carpet or something in between to soften the vibrations off the sub and little rubber grommits if poss. better safe than sorry :)

Oh right... my mate wants me to put both amps in but that has got to be serious over kill! :roll:

I also thought about mounting the amp in the spare wheel well.... :lol:

Perhaps do a max power? - stick some MDF in there with some blue neons and even some fans to keep it cool :idea:

I am not keen on mounting it to back of seats due to my dogs.... image the shock they would get chewing through the power cable... :shock:

The sub would sound better and welcome it's own power source, rather than sharing it with front speakers off the 4 channel amp. That way you can set the gains low and any peaky bits in the music that causes the sub to draw a lot current will be dealt with by the seperate amp and won't affect the sound of the front speakers. If that all made sense?

Makes perfect sense... my only issue is I am struggling to find a place for ONE amplifier .... let alone two... :lol:

What you think to mounting them in spare wheel well?

if the amp isnt too deep to the right of the wheel would be ok secured to the floor :) Id use velcro tho rather than screws :)

that way it could live under the carpet with a little thin wooden cover.

yeah thats an idea.... will defo be using velcro though....

will velcro be man enough to hold sub down :D

I rarely go in the boot, so mine is on the back of the passenger side rear seat. All the wires are under the seat so are out of site and the seat can still be tilted forward etc. I can't really see the dogs eating the cables to be honest but they can easily be routed well away from inquisitive kanines!

Thats a fair point Kev....

I might just mount it on back of seats and makes sure all wiring is hidden....

I ALWAYS use blankets etc to protect my carpets / seats anyway when using corrado to transport dogs (although the majority of the time they go in Pug!) so I could cover the amp off....