J-ME

Stupid oil cooler

How do I go about getting rid of the daft water cooled oil and convert it to an oil cooler radiator?

I guess I have to get a different sandwich plate, but what do I do with the temp and pressure sensors??

Pretty sure it's leaking lol, there is mayo in expansion bottle but not in the oil, and I'm pretty sure it's that, my mate had loads of problems with his on his mk2 rocco just trying to eliminate things, and the oil always seems to run a bit hotter on the mfa, I am having coolant loss but that's ending up on the ground

Could be worse, mine died on the A38 on my Golf3 a couple of years ago, causing HG failure. Was fine one minute, gone the next! :(

Or buy a new febi one for about 40 quid like I've done. Runs loads cooler than before.

If you have any doubts about a possible leak in the oil cooler, you ought to check it out/replace it immediately. Mine failed big time on my Mk 2 scirocco without warning- cooling system full of oil and engine bay covered in oil/water.

Or buy a new febi one for about 40 quid like I've done. Runs loads cooler than before.

Any more details on this mate?

Eurocarparts sell the for £30.60, could even try the dealers on the rare occasion that they come up trumps.

My febi heat exchanger has been working great, oil temps have gone from 120 to around 104 - 106.

The 120 wasn't! I noted that on way to MOT station 2 mile up the road... The lower temps are on a spirited drive after I replaced.