OJMVR6

Newbie door lock question

Long story short... my brother moved my corrado out of my unit, it has remote central locking and it wasn't open and he pulled the handle, no metallic noises were heard (apparently) but the handle then had no resistance and was almost 'baggy'. I spoke to the previous owner and he has already replaced the door handle parts that are prone to break, I finally got it open and removed the handle and door card, what I did notice was when I tried to lock and unlock when the above happened the door pin moved a small amount but not enough to use the interior handle to open...

My question is could this be an actuator issue or should order the handle repair kit off ebay?

Cheers

Oli

appreciate the response, where can I find dave 16v?Does he repair the handle?

Hello, yes I can repair the handle if you are prepared to send it to me or I can send you a repair kit?

Cheers

Dave

A broken striker arm will make it behave exactly as you describe - the pully outy bit goes floppy. Don't forget to dig around in the bottom of the door while you have the door card off to find the broken bits... Also make sure you get the circlip on the back of the lock cylinder on correctly, if it pings off you end up losing the actuator+spring+flat disc piece+circlip down the inside of the door - lock will still work (on the central locking switch) but if you pull the key out too hard the cylinder will come with it!

Also be sure to route the central locking cable correctly - wind the window slowly up and down with the door card off to be sure. If you get it wrong then the cable gets mashed by the descending window and your central locking will randomly lock and unlock as you drive - distracting!

Ask me how I know... :roll:

Stone

[on second pasenger's door handle and driver's fourth!]