Louis

Alarm fitters in Coventry?

Hi all

I have searched the obvious thread above but there seem to be no recommended fitters in the Cov! Is anyone able to give me a recommendation? All I want is a remote c/l cat 1, more importantly is that the interior of my newly acquired vr6 doesn't get cut up in the process.

Any advice much appreciated. Would prefer Coventry/Warks area but if I need to go to Birmingham I will.

Rich

To be honest I'd take a day off work and go visit this guy in Guildford:

http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk/

He's done countless alarm installs for Corrado owners and has tens of satisfied customers on here. He knows Corrado alarm installation inside out. Given how much of a lottery it is getting a decent alarm fitter, if I was to have to get another alarm install done, I'd be seeing this guy.

Excellent, thanks a lot Jim I'll definitely consider it. Good to know somewhere reputable

He fit my alarm, but didn't add the total closure..

Think he said it wasn't a feature of the alarm, but turns out it is if it's fitted properly (I found this out later, when I got hold of the alarm installation manual)

He just spliced it into the exising loom to save time.

There was another guy on the forum who had the same thing happen with TW.

Shame, as he is genuinely a nice chap, but in hindsight, I should've just gone elsewhere

I am surprised to hear that as over the last 7-8 years on here I've only heard positive (glowing in fact) comments about his work.

He fitted everything very neatly, and even removed an old tracker which wasn't working anymore.

Like I say, he was a nice guy, but I just feel he didn't fit it properly.

I asked him at the time about the total closure (which my old Conlog had), and he said it wasn't a feature of the new Cobra he'd fitted.

Kept saying something about it being a 'safety feature', so that people wouldnt accidently chop their fingers off when the windows went up.

As it turns out, the Cobra *does* have total closure, when fitted correctly.

Shame to hear that, Guildford is a long trek if I might end up having the same problem. Just had a recommendation from someone at work about Coventry car centre. Might pay a visit on the weekend & see what they can do.

Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.