Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Autoglym Hydra Flexi-Blade

Bought one at Stanford Hall yesterday after hearing good things about them and i'm pleased to say it works a treat getting rinse water off the car even on a curvy car like the Corrado! Highly recommended :wink:

Also got an Aqua Dry synthetic chamios which also seems very effective, always prefered to use a proper chamios in the past but they never seem to last that long.

The Autoglym artificial chamois doesn't last all that long either i'm afraid...

Been meaning to try out one of those Aqua blades for a while though.. think I might have to pick one up on your reccomendation :D

I've had one for about 18 months now and they're excellent... :)

Had a flexi blade for about two years now.

I find it works well as long as your car is kept polished,easier for the water to run-off.

They are excellent. Although as Blown says they don't work as well if your car hasn't been polished for a while, like mine :oops: :)

i think if u use the flexi blade and the chammy together makes a wicked combo, makes the chamois last longer too,, although with a black car a lil polish is nearly always needed

i have a flexi blade thingy... but i don't use it it scratches the car a tiny bit... damm so now i use a very very very fine chamios :wink: very good one... mind you i can spend a whole day on my car washing-polishing so i will shut up LOL my longest record including the inside is 8 hours... :lol: mind you she was blinging after that... then it rained the next day LOL :mad:

Used an Aqua-blade for a couple of years - very good, ideal for agetting the large areas of water off, then use the chamois to finish off... :mrgreen:

i have a flexi blade thingy... but i don't use it it scratches the car a tiny bit...

Only if there is dirt present on the paint. In fact there is a disclaimer that comes with the blade that warns you about that.

Silicon is non abrasive and doesn't scratch paint. In fact, you're more likely to scratch the car with a Chamois than an aqua-blade.

K

yep i've been thinking about buying one of these for sometime now and i will defo be getting one now! Might pick one up at inters, what's the best make to get or are they all roughly the same :?:

ill prob pick up one of these at inters this year and some nice 100% cotton clotches for polishing :D

as for the longest record in clean the car Chris uve got a long way to catch me up :D 18 hours which included wheels off, seats out and some engine cleaning

This year it prob be worse as ive totally Gunked my engine bay so more to keep clean :cry:

yep i've been thinking about buying one of these for sometime now and i will defo be getting one now! Might pick one up at inters, what's the best make to get or are they all roughly the same :?:

I got my turtle wax one from halfords and it cost me £9.99 but I got some extreme wheel cleaner free cause of the BY ONE GET ONE FREE OFFER on ALL TURTLE WAX products.

(plug)

Happy with it's water shifting properties and makes drying the car much easier when used with a good chamois. 8)

Had a hydra blade for a few years now, love it! reduces washing time and less likely to scratch than a chammy.

Although whenevr i seem to wash and wax the car, it always rains a few hours later. Its happened so many times its scary. I even thought about taking the car to a drough ridden place and washing it there to summon the rains!!!

The Hydra flexy blade is much better than the Turtle Wax one, and you should be able to get them at Inters no probs. The A/G ones and others that look the same, are the same cos they are the Hydra Flexi ones. You can also gert a 2-pack one now, which has a smaller 6-8" blade in it as well.

If the blade is scratchine the car then you have not rinsed the car off well enough, or you have left some firt that you have not washed off in the first place.

Have another cloth to hand when you use the clade, and wipe the blade after each stroke if you are worried about scratchine. TBH, you will scratch just as much if you use a leather if grit is still on the car, just that it will be a real pain to remove it from the leather.

Use some of the new microfibre drying cloths instead of a leather as they are much better and softer as well.

John.

I thought you were about to offer a Group Buy on flexiblades then john.... :D

John are you going to be at inters with some products??? as ive been told i might get a nice bonus in this month wages ;) ;) lol

Will be there on the CGTI Sussex club stand.

PM me with some idea of what you might be after, then I can make sure I have something suitable in the cupboard... :D :wink:

John